First Movie You Loved

Tools    

simon birch... i buy a cd and vhs copy of this..

As far as I remember I think the first movie that I love is "The NeverEnding Story"

I remember Falkor the luckdragon..

The First movie I remember ever seeing was Terminator 2 I was a year old when it came out and by age 3 my tenant had it oh VHS and i remember watching it at least 10 times by the time I was 6. I did not understand a lot of what was going on but I loved that movie, and still do.

The first movies that I loved were the Batman movies. Tim Burton style. Michael Keaton was the best Batman. I was the only 4 year old girl obsessed with Batman.

It got wild.

It was probably The Kid from Texas followed closely by Sierra, both filmed in 1950 and both starring Audie Murphy early in his movie career. In The Kid from Texas, Murphy played Billy the Kid, dressed as I recall in an all-black outfit, pants, hat, boots, shirt, holsters, and of course dies tragically in the end. My brother, cousin, and I used to go to the movies on Saturday matinees and then played the cowboys, soldiers, swordsmen that we saw for the rest of the week. Here was baby-faced Murphy, young, good-looking, tragic, and a real change from the Roy Rogers Westerns we had watched before--our first "grown-up" Western where the hero dies! We all wanted to be Audie Murphy after that! About that same period, Disney's Peter Pan captured my attention. Pirates, Indians, half-dressed mermaids and NEVER growing up! What guy can resist that!!!

My parents took me to a double feature of a 101 dalmations and Edward scissor hands I was the only kid that night to stay up and watch Edward Scissorhands I thought it was badass

The Wizard of Oz,.or The Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I am half agony, half hope.
My mom took me to see a re-release of the musical Camelot in 1973. It was love at first sight.

Johann von Goethe

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
Reservoir Dogs was the first movie I ever loved because watching this movie was when I first noticed that there is more to a movie than a story.

Forrest Gump of Tom Hanks.. I really love that movie, very interesting and at the same time a lot of moral lesson you can learn from it..

I liked a lot of movies when I was little - Fox and the Hound stood above them all.

But I the first movie I really "loved" was probably Big.

http://truemoviereview.com/top-10s/t...is-summer-2008

The Lion King

And I still do
Ya bra I full agree with that one, Lion King was a nice one and what made it nicer was rthe hype around it. Everyone was singing Hakuna Matata and we all cried when Mufasa got run over by those wildebeest. 1

I know this sounds kinda cheesy but the first movie I watched and loved was Coming to America by Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall, James Earl Jones, John Amos and Samuel L Jackson in his younger days. I did not understand that movie when I was still yong but now I more than understand it, I relate to it and agree. You dont live a person for what he has but for who he is.
Someone polz reply

Forrest Gump of Tom Hanks.. I really love that movie, very interesting and at the same time a lot of moral lesson you can learn from it..
I saw Forest Gump being advertised a long time ago and I did not watch it but I watched some Tom Hanks movies and they are all good now I definately think I should watch it.
Thanks Cryx.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Re: The Wizard of Oz -- me, too! I was hoping someone would say this. I think I've seen it 50 or more times!

I can't remember if I saw this before or after Mary Poppins, but Mary was the first film I saw in the theatre. I was officially in love with movies. I also watched the Oscars for the first time to see if Julie Andrews would win (she did.)

The first movie that tore me up emotionally -- I like cried for an hour afterward -- was Hawaii. I haven't seen it in a very long time, but something about that movie touched me deeply. I decided at that moment that movies could have a powerful impact.