Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It's in my 3 favourite Lynch films group along with Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire. I rate them all
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I also saw The Elephant Man recently but I didn't like it.Despite some raw scenes,I felt that it has lots of sentimentality.However,I liked Anthony Hopkins acting performance!

Anyway,today I watched Nil By Mouth.I'd give it a

-

The first review on that poster says Blue Velvet is a masterpiece. I am not so sure. While I really enjoyed it, I just don't consider this film to be great after my first viewing. Mulholland Drive is a masterpiece. As soon as I'd started to watch the latter, I knew that I was going to witness a masterpiece, I knew it was a masterpiece as I was watching it, and at the end I was amazed at what I saw, even though I had not understood everything.

Blue Velvet has nice cinematography, very good music, and a terrific villain in Frank Booth. And it is a very good movie, that I would recommend to fans of the mystery and suspense genre. But Lynch will simply never be able to top Mulholland Drive, and I know he has not made a better movie, even though I've only seen two of his films.

Another great David Lynch movie, and I see why people call this a masterpiece. I will continue my David Lynch dive when I get Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me and Wild at Heart in the mail.

Another great David Lynch movie, and I see why people call this a masterpiece. I will continue my David Lynch dive when I get Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me and Wild at Heart in the mail.
Make sure you watch Twin Peaks, the series, first. It's a masterpiece (at least the first season, but I love both) but I can't imagine what the first season and a half would be like knowing who the killer is.

Make sure you watch Twin Peaks, the series, first. It's a masterpiece (at least the first season, but I love both) but I can't imagine what the first season and a half would be like knowing who the killer is.
I second this... It is absolutely necessary to watch the TV show before the movie. Not just for the identity of the killer but lots of other tiny details as well.

The President is Coming 2009.

Amzingly funny!
7/10.

I have already watched both seasons of Twin Peaks. looking forward to it!

Not Enough Time
Fast and the Furious 6
7/10 - Surprisingly good, the ending was in no way realistic though.

The Social Network
8/10 - A little boring, but I liked the directing and the acting, and it was interesting to see how things unfolded.

How Do You Know
7.5/10 - I thought it strayed from normal romantic comedies, and I was pleasantly surprised at Owen Wilson and Paul Rudd's acting. I bought it skeptical because their movies can go either way, but went through with the sale because Reese Witherspoon rarely if ever does a bad movie. I enjoyed it.

Crazy Stupid Love
7.5/10 - Good movie, liked the acting and story better than ^. But it was way more "hopeless romantic" style. Still so, so cute, and funny, but for once I would like a cynical romantic comedy through and through. Is that so much to ask?

Reservoir Dogs
8.7/10 - Rewatch. Again, with the QT, awesome extended dialogue and characters. It really didn't jump out and grab me, as you may say, I didn't especially love the movie, it was even pretty predictable. But I gotta give points for the directing, dialogue, acting, and characters. Well done, indeed, but didn't hit my love bone.

**Edit** I changed the two romantic comedies from 8/10 to 7.5/10.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

Am I the only one here who really hated Fast & Furious 6 ? The worst in the series imo, the ending just ruined the whole movie for me.

Anyways, watched There's Somethings About Mary tonight, great film, laughed a lot, which is surprising because few comedies achieved to do so. Acting was decent, and I kind of liked the guitar dudes a lot :P 7.5/10

Unregistered User
Watched a few over the weekend there:-

The Prey (2011) - Decent French thriller. Kinda like a cross between Taken and The Chaser but doesn’t end up as good as either of them. 7/10

Paranorman - Watched this with my daughter and we both loved it, in fact i rented it out and i think we watched this 3 times and both laughed a lot. It didn’t look that good in the trailers. 8/10

The Princess Bride - Finally got round to watching this, was funny in parts but not quite what i had been expecting. I did think Gary Elwes was terrific though. Will probably need to rewatch. 7/10

Avengers Assemble - Not really my thing but i can understand what the fuss is all about 6/10

I Spit on your Grave (1978) - Letdown. Poor acting and the whole movie felt slow. I also expected more of a shock factor. Eden Lake is much better. 4/10

Primer - Not sure what really to say about this. I knew what was going on but not how it was happening if that will make sense to anyone who has watched this? If someone was going to watch this id tell them to watch Time Crimes instead. 5/10

Session 9 - Decent Horror/thriller. Had been wanting to watch this for ages although the ending was a bit predictable. Really enjoy watching Peter Mullan. 7/10

Blue Velvet - Excellent stuff! Again a film id been wanting to watch for a while. I preferred this to Mulholland Drive and Eraserhead. Cant wait to watch more Lynch. 9/10

Videodrome - Weird Weird Weird nightmarish s&m type stuff going on with James Woods and Deborah Harry. Great effort from Cronenberg. 8/10

Searching for Sugar Man - Brilliant documentary on Rodriguez, i'll definitely be buying Cold Facts. Perfect film to be ending the weekend with. 9/10

Not Enough Time
Am I the only one here who really hated Fast & Furious 6 ? The worst in the series imo, the ending just ruined the whole movie for me.
I haven't seen any of the other ones besides the first one, so I have nothing to compare really. But I totally agree with you about the ending. Personally, I was expecting it to be horribly stupid with absolutely no plot and it was not so, so I ended up really enjoying it. Until the last 40 minutes. Then I just stared at the screen with a very unhappy look on my face.

Yeah, you should definitely see the first 3 ones though, best in the series imo, it's cheesy, action-packed, not the best movies out there but they sure are entertaining, and best of all is that they are not TOO exaggerated (a little but that's always good).

Death Race 2000 ('75) 7/10

A great cult classic from the decade that turned them out like nobody's business.

Shouldn't even have been made. Did you know that they're making a 7th too? Won't even consider giving that a go unless it gets a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a Best Picture nomination.

But none of these will happen, so...

Shouldn't even have been made. Did you know that they're making a 7th too? Won't even consider giving that a go unless it gets a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a Best Picture nomination.

But none of these will happen, so...
Yeah, the ending of the 6th movie really made me think there was gonna be a 7th one, and the $ they cashed in too...
Cinema isn't an art anymore, so sad.