I, Robot

Tools    

bright lights bright lights!
Haven't heard about this film before. What's the storyline? apart from it obviously being about a robot

Leon: "Always like this"

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by cosmonaut
Asimov is perhaps my favourite author, so I am really looking forward to this movie. Now if they would only do something on his Foundation series...
Argh, Foundation series. I've really gotta read that, (some millenium ).

Alex Proyas IS a great director, and should make it worthwhile to see. Dark City is fantastic, and although I didn't really get into The Crow, the imagery was great. I just hope this movie is NOT a laughing matter...

-*FivemagicS*-

Messenger from Hades' Gate
I hope this movie does better than Bicentennial Man did, but that's not my biggest concern. What worries me the most is that Wil Wheaton wants to play the main robot in the film.

For those of you who don't know, Wheaton had regular role as Wesley Crusher on the TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation. I loved the show, but Wheaton was the one guy on the show who just couldn't act to save his life. Perhaps as a result, he left the show in its final season and never made it into the movies as a character with lines (though he is briefly present in Nemisis).

Will Smith can do a good job under the proper motivation. Let's pray that Wil Wheaton gets nowhere near this movie.

And this is my BOOMstick!
umm... are you SURE it's a movie? Looks like they are really building a robot. The site has nothing to do with movies.

Why am I here?
It's a teaser site, meant to present you with the false product...

http://www.onrobo.com/enews/0210/irobot.shtml

Sic Networks

comingsoon.net has learned that the first full I, Robot trailer will be premiering in theaters with Secret Window on Friday. The former is a 20th Century Fox film while the latter is from Columbia Pictures, so most likely the trailer will be playing in select theaters and not attached to every print.

I hope they don't mess this movie up. Proyas is a very talented director but there just seems to be way too many "Will Smithy" parts to this. The robots do definitely look cool though.

Looks stylish.... plot is a little if-y.... seems like it's been done before. Plus I don't like Will Smith.

Originally Posted by jrs
Click here to view the featurette.
Nice one.

Alex Proyas looks like a very good choice of director, and that promo just confirms it. He's gonna be sensitive to bringing out the best in the original ideas, rather than converting them into the standard sensationalist shlockfest. (but having said that, the "sensational" side is looking good too )

Wow! It looks just plain awful! The CGI Robots are stunningly unimpressive! Can't wait to not see it. I mean, I'm not seeing it now of course, but that's easy enough as it hasn't been released. Come mid-July I can begin not seeing it properly.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Wow! It looks just plain awful! The CGI Robots are stunningly unimpressive! Can't wait to not see it. I mean, I'm not seeing it now of course, but that's easy enough as it hasn't been released. Come mid-July I can begin not seeing it properly.
Isn't there some wilderness you can go and get lost in Hold-it-in?

It's how they handle the ideas that's most important. (altho one of the trailers shows the robos doing some reasonably freaky when-the-worm-turns stuff. Could be effective. We'll see.)

I cant wait till this movie comes out in july

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I second this. Not only has it got Will Smith in it of all people, the CGI looks awful, I expected more from Proyas.