A Japanese movie about a wife who gets a gun to kill

Tools    

Sounds very basic but I only know about this movie from a short clip I've seen once in a short little blurb about it on some show. It's definitely a Japanese language movie and I believe it came out either late '90s or early 2000s. The only scene that it showed was the wife going to a man to buy a gun The guy who was going to sell her the gun has a tattoo of an arm holding a gun a gun while he is holding a gun just like his tattoo. It's a really cool visual and I have forgotten about it. I wish I had more but that's about it.

Gun Woman (2014) ?
A brilliant doctor on a quest for revenge buys a young woman and trains her to be the ultimate assassin, implanting gun parts in her body that she must later assemble and use to kill her target before she bleeds to death.
or "San qiang pai an jing qi" (2009), but it is Chinese movie.

Sounds very basic but I only know about this movie from a short clip I've seen once in a short little blurb about it on some show. It's definitely a Japanese language movie and I believe it came out either late '90s or early 2000s. The only scene that it showed was the wife going to a man to buy a gun The guy who was going to sell her the gun has a tattoo of an arm holding a gun a gun while he is holding a gunjust like his tattoo. It's a really cool visual and I have forgotten about it. I wish I had more but that's about it.
The movie you are referring to is likely "Hana-bi" (Fireworks) directed by Takeshi Kitano, which was released in 1997. The film features a scene where the main character's wife seeks out a man with a distinctive tattoo to obtain a gun. The visual you described matches the iconic imagery from this movie.