Thor

Tools    

This film has Net Flix written all over it.

I'll give it a shot though. Might surprise.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Even the Green Lantern trailer looks better than that.
I wouldn't say that, exactly. Sure, they both have their flaws, but this actually doesn't look all that bad. I found myself wanting to see this more than Green Lantern, based on the trailer alone.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The problem with Green Lantern was that it looks more like a RomCom Fantasy movie.
Also I am happy with the guy who plays Thor more than Reynolds as GL.

I am not saying this movie will rock, but it could work for me.
Though I always hoped for the first Thor movie to be set mostly in the olden times & in the end they could move it to the modern day.

I am happy with the costumes as well... Also, I am curious to see what Brannagh can do with this.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
i think if this was a decade ago, i'd be stoked. but the bar has been raised to such an extent, I'm just not feelin it.

then again it should probably be a slight improvement on this:

That Incredible Hulk TV movie featuring Thor used to be my favourite.. I have never seen the TV show or the other TV movies. But I loved this one a lot, it had a nice Origin for Thor, though not faithful to the comics it was still good.

I believe they wanted to do a Spin-off tv show based on it & also one for Daredevil as well (Who also had an appearance in a Hulk TV movie).

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
That Incredible Hulk TV movie featuring Thor used to be my favourite.. I have never seen the TV show or the other TV movies. But I loved this one a lot, it had a nice Origin for Thor, though not faithful to the comics it was still good.

I believe they wanted to do a Spin-off tv show based on it & also one for Daredevil as well (Who also had an appearance in a Hulk TV movie).
yeah considering the budget allotted for these they were alright.

Gosh, that had Picard, Fuyutsuki, Kyon, and Phoenix Wright all in the same .gif. Sweetness.

By the way, what's that laser-beam robot thing at the end?

i just cnt see this fitting in with the avengers.
Why not?
Thor has always been the outsider in The Avengers, he even fought against them.. That's what makes his role special.

Though I am not sure about the necessity of SHIELD in a Thor movie, but from the trailer I am okay with it.. it could help to tie them altogether.

Also, if you're expecting The Avengers movie will be about fighting terrorists, then you're wrong... There have been news to suggest the Cosmic Cube storyline in Captain America, which I have a feeling will follow in The Avengers movie, also The Avengers will be fighting the Hulk.

it just looks crazy compared to the other movies we have seen so far, iron man, hulk

What were you expecting, a black guy with a hammer wearing a steel costume?
Or maybe someone in Black leather?

Oh wait, something realistic?... a guy with a battery powered hammer?

Ofcourse it doesn't compare to the other movies, because it's a different movie about a whole different character... but doesn't mean it couldn't tie-up with the others. This is just an introduction of a new mythos into the marvel.

This is just Marvel movies going a whole new level... & Joss Whedon is very talented to craft a new universe for the Marvel movie mythos, he could fail, but atleast he wont fail miserably.

I am sure Ken Brannagh could have done a far better Thor movie if he didn't have to think about a tie-in with the other Marvel movies... but then that kind of creative freedom would have only inspired him to do a film that would please a few not the mainstream viewers (i.e. your Iron Man fans).

But I can understand why people don't like this trailer.. I have always been a big fan of Thor & Hulk.. I absolutely hate the other mainstream Marvel characters.
I am just happy to see that they're doing a Thor movie which is less realistic...

I am half agony, half hope.
I saw the trailer for this today and I'm intrigued. Honestly, it doesn't take much, but I don't know anything about all these comic book characters and Thor looked like he could do a job on people, plus, it seems he has issues with authority. I'll check it out.

Johann von Goethe

I can't wait to see Thor it looks great. I saw the ending of iron man to were they found the hammer I was like yay lol