Why can I only get this film in Dutch?

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Not so much a question or information as a rant, although this may apply to more films than the one I am looking for.

I read a book a few days ago called Regeneration by Pat Barker, and found out that there is a 1997 film version of it, called Behind the Lines, starring Jonathan Pryce, James Wilby and Johnny Lee Miller.

Now, as I liked the book a lot, I decided I wanted to see the film. But it has proven difficult to get hold of it. While you can buy second hand English copies for extortionate prices, most of the copies I have seen for sale have been Dutch imports. I find it baffling that a British film, in English, should only be available on a Dutch dvd. It seems that it must have at one point been available as an English dvd for there to be second hand ones for sale (unless these are copies with mocked up covers). Perhaps even the Dutch ones are copies, although the sellers claim they aren't. I understand that perhaps it isn't a particularly well-known or popular film, but it still seems odd for it to be released in Holland but not in the UK.

Weird.

It appears also that the US version of the film edited it by 18 minutes to just 96mins. I hope that the Dutch import version I have ordered is the original version...

Who buys Dutch movies???

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Got it, watched it, and not only was it the shorter version after all, apparently now the proper version is available on amazon. So annoyed!