What do you think of total CG movies?

Tools    

Visit my movie forum below made 4U!
What do you think of total CG movies like Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow, Sin City, 300?

It's growing on me. I thought Sin City was OK, but 300 looks awesome (visually, at least).

The Fabulous Sausage Man
A glossy but ultimately soulless and forgetable attempt at visual beauty.

I'm for it. Hopefully it allows filmmakers to put together some ideas they couldn't do with recent tech'.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by jrs
Sin City and 300 arent CGI
Neither was Sky Captain, not entirely at least, but you failed to put that in there. I think what he means is, what do you think of movies shot entirely on green/blue screen? Am I right?

I think it's a great idea. You can film anywhere, without actually going there. You can also film faster and it costs less to make. So yes, I think movies that use a lot of green/blue screen are a very good idea.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza