Tools    

Hachi: A Dog's Tale
Forrest Gump
Mar adentro
Her
American History X
Titanic

Not currently on fire...
Has to be The Hairdresser's Husband (1990)

I am not really an emotional person (at all) but this is a pure and beautiful romantic tale about a man who falls in love with a hairdresser - being a French film we don't get any of the formulaic romantic scenes, instead we just spend time with them in their passion and happiness. The ending will bring anyone to floods of tears, in fact I have a hard time even thinking about this film without tears, but it does so without any cliché (no-one suddenly finds they have cancer or anything like that).

Beautifully surrealist, this is the perfect couple movie, full of real characters and not movie stereotypes.

I reviewed the Severin DVD a while ago - Hairdresser's Husband

Off the top of my head:

Dead Poet's Society
Freedom Writers
Hachi: A Dog's Tale
Dead Man Walking
Grave of the Fireflies
Rain Man
Field of Dreams
Like Stars on Earth

University Video Entries
King Kong, Titanic, A Little Bit of Heaven, The Fault in Our Stars, Never Let Me Go, Three Idiots . . . etc

I'm 15, freshly getting into foreign cinema. Finally have a netflix account, it sends me this one off my queue. I'm home alone and have nothing else to do so I pop it in. I've always been a pretty sensitive person, and have cried in films before, but I was silent throughout watching this one. Then it ends, and like a huge crashing wave it hits. I begin to not just cry, but sob uncontrollably, not even sob, I was flat out in hysterics. I fell to the floor, doing that scream cry, like someone very close to me had died or something. My mom calls, I pick up trying to pull myself together, 'Hey honey' and with a quivering voice 'Hi', 'What's wrong? Are you okay?' Again a blubbering mess, barely able to get my words out. 'This.... this movie... I... I... IIIII' etc. she was just relieved someone hadn't died or something. Even my dog was concerned by my reaction. So yes, Lilja 4-Ever, I'm 26 now, but I'll never forget watching that the first time. But I HIGHLY recommend it. In fact, I might rewatch it again now. It's cathartic.

Also, one of the greatest performances I've ever seen.
Jurassic Park Dominion- 0.5/5
What Josiah Saw- (4.5/5)

█ █ █ █ █
Precious (Usa, 2009)

Nobody Knows (Japan, 2004)

Not one Less (China, 1999)

All of the above made me cry.

Precious (Usa, 2009)

Nobody Knows (Japan, 2004)

Not one Less (China, 1999)

All of the above made me cry.
Precious pissed me off.

I want to see Nobody Knows though.

The Champ (obviously)
Dear Zachary
Blue Valentine
The Broken Circle Breakdown
Peppermint Candy
Watership Down
The Road

Grave of the Fireflies has already been mentioned but is quite emotional.

Like Lynchian said:
definitly Lilya forever
also:
Bad Guy (2001)

The Whistleblower (2010)

The dead girl (2006