- mediocre, but listenable!
Kanye West - Yeezus (2013) -
- quite a surprise! pretty cool!
Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels (2013) -

Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 2 (2014) -
- not bad, but I prefer R.A.P. Music!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
One should not touch gods.

Seriously, though, something's weird with mastering on this CD. Like it's too mastered if it makes any sense. This 21st Century Schizoid man sample does not fit the track at all.

Care to point out what the problem with sampling King Crimson is?
sampling is bad mmkay. excuse me while i smell my own farts

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
A question to experts (like jirafferapist, whoops, rapist != rapper): If somebody like Kanye West samples any track does he need some sort of permission, license or copyrights to do it? What if artists he sampled sued him for stealing their work?

MBDTF is Kanyes best IMO, pretty surprised you preferred Yeezus Minio. I also prefer College Dropout and maybe 808s to Yeezus
I've only listened to MBDTF and 808s, but the latter is my fave of his out of those two. MBDTF was a bit of an acquired taste, while 808s was love at first hear.

Let the night air cool you off
A question to experts (like jirafferapist, whoops, rapist != rapper): If somebody like Kanye West samples any track does he need some sort of permission, license or copyrights to do it? What if artists he sampled sued him for stealing their work?
Kanye gets permission.

Samples are a staple of hip-hop music. It can be used in all sorts of ways, a lot of times you hear samples and you don't even know you are hearing a sample.

Haven't listened to Watch the Throne or Life of Pablo since its been out for like an hour, the rest of his albums are all good. Graduation is probably the weakest of those IMO.

I retracted my statement because I like when people get permission to sample music, but I still think it's barely different than when Led Zeppelin takes a riff from some old blues song, or steals a riff from Spirit, to make their own songs. Taking things and making anew with it is a part of art. DEAL WITH IT.

The bigger artists absolutely have to get permission, because they will get at least threatened with a lawsuit. Some underground artists might stand a chance at getting away with not getting permission. It's a case by case basis, but sometimes samples are free, other times artists have to pay for them.

Kanye sampled Aretha Franklin once, and she had a condition that he couldn't curse on that track. He had to fade the curses out.

Sometimes artists think something of theirs is being sampled without credit being given. It really just depends on all of the artists involved as to how the situation is handled.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I just think auto-tune, pro-tools, and drum machines take the art out of art. No humanity, a robot does it all. Pushing a button isn't talent. Practice and hard work and talent used to be respected, and used to change people and the world. Social decay.

Matt, go download a DAW, get a drum machine, and try to make something worthwhile. Come back after your first attempt, when you will have no doubt failed (as anyone would after their first attempt), and talk to me about how there is no practice, hard work or talent required for electronic music.

As for the humanity thing, here's what I once wrote about the topic in another thread:

It's just a different way of making music. It is complicated, but I love complicated, glitchy music - It's taking these calculated computer sounds and trying to make something human with it. It's finding humanity in something that is inherently inhuman. We're becoming an increasingly technological people, and I think as humans we're trying to find our humanity through that technology. That's all this electronic music is. It's humanistic exploration, it's progressive, and in my opinion is essential to us better understanding ourselves in an increasingly electronic and inhuman world.