Searching for 2 songs

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Ok, I'm looking for two songs. I don't know the titles and I don't know the artists. Helpful, eh?

The first song is an R&B song. A young black american pretty girl. It's very drum based, i.e. the drum beat is pretty much the backbone of the song which was a hit like 3-4 years ago. It's not a drum machine but a real drummer which makes it really cool. I think that in the video the girl was probably dacning in singing in front of the band, I seem to recall a white backdrop. And there the drummer was doing his thing as well behind his kit. Does anybody recall this semi hit? I think had a pretty thin voice, kind of like Janet Jackson.

The other song is a dancefloor anthem and was a hit at least here in Sweden like 5 years ago. I don't know anything about it except it was in french and started quietly without any beat, like one verse. Then this very massive chorus together with a typical techno beat kicked in, sung by a bunch of people. In french, I repeat.

I have no clue how to find these songs.....

Please, help me!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
From those descriptions it could be anything! But I know how annoying it is when you want to find a song but can't remember anything about it.

Probably totally out, but just about fits the description...could #1 be 1 Thing by Amerie?

Yeah, like Thursday Next said, I think the first one is Amerie - 1 Thing. Or it may be Black Eyed Peas....but if you have a few hours (or days) you could go through the list of R&B artists at www.allmusic.com The second one I have no idea whatsoever. Sorry bud.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Aaah, that title rings a bell! I think that's the one.... Let's see.... *executing illegal activities* ...Yup, that's the one. Thanks, guys!

The other song I'm not surprised if you guys overseas don't know. It sounds as a typical euro disco hit. And it's in French, y'know what I mean??

I've actually tried allmusic.com for the French song... Searched all kinds of club hits of 2002, 2005, 2001, 2003 and so forth... listened to all tracks with French titles.... but nothing.