EDM Song Tournament

Tools    

Just need Derek.

Oh, just move on without him. He won't care. Then there's definitely no ties.

1. Flute by New World Sound & Thomas Newson
1. Something New by Axwell /\ Ingrosso

2. Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites by Skrillex
2. Sigala - Sweet Lovin' (Decktrick Remix)

3. Firestarter by The Prodigy
3. Orphan by Savant

4. Burn my Dread (Novoiski Remix) by Shoji Meguro & Yumi Kawamura (Remixed by Novoiski)
4. Route 94 - My Love

5. Duke Dumont - I Got U
5. House by Overwerk

6. Eric Prydz - Call on Me
6. New Style by Pegboard Nerds

7. Charli XCX - Boom Clap (Aeroplane Remix)
7. Monday (Glitch Mob Remix) by Napela (Remixed by The Glitch Mob)

I wouldn't want to presume.

BRACKET 2 RESULTS

TIEBREAKER WINNERS:
1. Sweet Lovin' (Decktrick Remix) by Sigala

CURRENT STANDINGS:

CiCi - 1st Place
5 Songs, 23 Votes

Omnizoa - 2nd Place
2 Songs, 10 Votes

Derek Vinyard - 3rd Place
1 Songs, 5 Votes

Sexy Celebrity - 4th Place
GAME OVER
Best Song: Firestarter by The Prodigy

Six coinflip winners? And my last song lost because of that?

Forget this. This is the most ridiculous song tournament ever. I refuse to even add any winner or runner up to the Hall of Fame of Song Tournaments list.

Trash, trash, trash.

I'm no longer participating. This tournament is......

~*<&\ROUND 7/&>*~

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I Got U by Duke Dumont
~ VS ~

My Love by Route 94

Boom Clap (Aeroplane Remix) by Charli XCX
~ VS ~

Sweet Lovin' (Decktrick Remix) by Sigala

Something New by Axwell /\ Ingrosso
~ VS ~

Orphan by Savant

Heads Will Roll (A-Trak remix) by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

~ VS ~
New Style by Pegboard Nerds

CAST YOUR VOTES NOW!

From this point forward:
If the last vote to a given song results in a tie, then it is discounted. No more tiebreakers. If both songs get two votes then the last vote received is excluded.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	bass_Drop-1024x682.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	386.6 KB
ID:	24209  

From this point forward:
If the last vote to a given song results in a tie, then it is discounted. No more tiebreakers. If both songs get two votes then the last vote received is excluded.
Now see that just makes things worse. If you had discounted Derek Vinyard's vote for Orphan, my "Firestarter" would still be in the game.

Six coinflip winners? And my last song lost because of that?

Forget this. This is the most ridiculous song tournament ever. I refuse to even add any winner or runner up to the Hall of Fame of Song Tournaments list.

Trash, trash, trash.
Well pardon me. I thought those were just your tournaments anyway.

Now see that just makes things worse. If you had discounted Derek Vinyard's vote for Orphan, my "Firestarter" would still be in the game.
I was juggling around the idea, but I was stuck between giving undecided songs another shot with a tiebreaker round or discounting votes, which sounds kinda iffy. I mean, who wants their votes ignored? Loss by chance sucks too, so... I wasn't sure.

Ugh. Whatever. We've come this far. I'll vote. Give me a minute.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I was juggling around the idea, but I was stuck between giving undecided songs another shot with a tiebreaker round or discounting votes, which sounds kinda iffy. I mean, who wants their votes ignored? Loss by chance sucks too, so... I wasn't sure.

You should find an impartial person to break the ties. Ask other MoFos to listen to both songs and vote.

Breaking ties by either of your "chance" methods are basically just unfair.

I Got U by Duke Dumont
~ VS ~
My Love by Route 94

Boom Clap (Aeroplane Remix) by Charli XCX
~ VS ~
Sweet Lovin' (Decktrick Remix) by Sigala

Something New by Axwell /\ Ingrosso
~ VS ~
Orphan by Savant

Heads Will Roll (A-Trak remix) by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
~ VS ~
New Style by Pegboard Nerds

You know, I didn't know they made an actual movie out of that? It sounds terrible.
Believe it or not, Quentin Tarantino actually worked on the screenplay. Uncredited. He's a close friend of Julia Sweeney, who plays Pat. And I love the movie.

You should find an impartial person to break the ties. Ask other MoFos to listen to both songs and vote.
That's kind of an option I guess. We didn't have that in the Metaheads Tourney though and it was difficult enough to get 4 people for this one.

Originally Posted by gbgoodies
Breaking ties by either of your "chance" methods are basically just unfair.
At least my second method encourages people to stay updated with the thread. First-come-first-serve is chance in a way, but I'm inclined to think I ****ed up by not starting the tournament this way.

But I would argue that bracketed elimination tournaments like this are implicitly biased because it's easy to get seeded poorly.

The two most popular songs starting on opposite ends of the bracket could make it into the final 2, but if they start next to each other then one of them is gone by the first round.

That was fast, Derek. o.O

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Believe it or not, Quentin Tarantino actually worked on the screenplay. Uncredited. He's a close friend of Julia Sweeney, who plays Pat.
That's WAY WEIRD.