The Incredible Hulk

Tools    

This is a sexy poster. Edward Norton, the big muscled Hulk with his back turned to us, and all of that denim. Does Eddie show any nudity in this? It may put me in the theatre to see The Incredible Hulk.

Seriously, I was in disbelief when I learned that there was gonna be a new Hulk movie -- and that was only about maybe two months ago or so when I saw the trailer. I overlooked this thread -- I guess I thought that maybe it was for the old Hulk movie that came out a few years ago (which I still haven't seen all of).

What's with all of these comic book movies that keep coming out, by the way? Do a lot of people still read comic books?

This is a sexy poster. Edward Norton, the big muscled Hulk with his back turned to us, and all of that denim. Does Eddie show any nudity in this? It may put me in the theatre to see The Incredible Hulk.
You see him on his side in a shower. And he's shirtless about half the movie.

Seriously, I was in disbelief when I learned that there was gonna be a new Hulk movie -- and that was only about maybe two months ago or so when I saw the trailer. I overlooked this thread -- I guess I thought that maybe it was for the old Hulk movie that came out a few years ago (which I still haven't seen all of).
The giveaway's in the title; Hulk and The Incredible Hulk. But yeah, it's a pretty weird situation in general, to be rebooting a franchise after just one film. The producers are describing the last Hulk film as the equivalent of a one-off comic book storyline, I believe.

You see him on his side in a shower. And he's shirtless about half the movie.
Bye.

Originally Posted by Powdered Water
Is The Hulk going to talk or what? That's all I want to know and I'm not going to go and pay to see this flick until I know for sure. If there is no "HULK SMASH!" in this flick then I say toss this one down the sh*tter and let's all go see The Happening. So far all I've heard is some rumors that Hulky is going to speak but nothing definite, why keep this a secret? You're trying to draw in fans remember? What better way to do that than to give fans like me something to look forward to.
Hulk will speak. It's already known that Lou Ferrigno has a speaking part as the Hulk himself. And he does say "Hulk Smash" ....it's even in this TV spot below.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Originally Posted by jrs

Does no one look at my posts anymore?! This is like the 3rd time

FYI to all: Nothing after the credits

And:
WARNING: "Robert Downey Jr. Cameo" spoilers below
Robert walks into a bar where "Thunderbolt" Ross is smoking. He walks up and says he wants to form a "team" and needs the Hulk.

Academy Award nominated Edward Norton made a special appearance during last night's “Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night” primetime special! In an exclusive comedic appearance, see how Norton reacts when parking lot security guard Guillermo tries to steal his lime-light as “The Incredible Hulk.” . It's friggin' hillarious.

Source: Movies Online

And 24 hours after seeing it, I finally wrote a review:

The Incredible Hulk

"HULK SMASH!"

Good, but not Iron Man good. Still, Marvel studios has gone 2 for 2.

A wise man once said "if ain't broke, don't fix it." Sadly, Marvel had to go Tim Taylor with the HULK franchise, which is a curse and a blessing. It was a curse because we got that 2003 movie that was very bad (as in, I didn't finish it bad.) It was also a blessing because we get treated to a good (but flawed) movie.

I actually liked this movie somewhat. I didn't like the beginning sequence, some of the casting, and some of the editing done by MARVEL. I did however like the CGI, the script, and most of the "easter eggs" as people would call them.

I didn't like the opening sequence. It was well made but it hardly gave new fans the origin story. I think there is no dialogue in the montage, which I would have liked to see.

I really didn't like some of the casting. I had a problem with the chemistry between Edward Norton and Liv 'big lips' Tyler. I usually like Edward Norton and he is usually unrecognizable in his roles, but ith this movie I didn't feel like I was looking at Bruce Banner. I felt I was looking at Edward freakin' Norton with heart rate issues. I also don't think Liv Tyler is a bad actress but when I looked at her, all I did was stare at her lips.

However, I really did enjoy William Hurt as "Thunderbolt" Ross and thought he played it really good. But the best performance goes to Tim Roth as Blonsky. I really liked him and thought he was very, very, very, very, (you get the point) good.

I also didn't like the editing of this film. It is said that Edward Norton had a fight with Marvel studios in the editing process. He wanted a more detailed Hulk (good) wheras Marvel studios wanted a less detailed. more shoot em' up Hulk (bad.) Guess who won, Marvel. I didn't like that, I mean they barely put his origin! I really wanted to see Ed get shot up with Gamma Rays and a bit more backstory.

I saw this movie at midnight with digital projection, let me just say it was worth every penny. The special effects were really well done. You could barely tell they were there, just not on an Iron Man level.

The script was also good. I'd imagine that the script originally had more of a backstory due to the director saying that there is more than thirty minutes of extra footage. I liked it because they had laughs like a comedy and well done action scenes (even if there were a few too many.)

Most of all I really liked the "easter eggs" as I like to call them. Easter eggs are basically subtle references to other movies. I noticed the pizza place that Bruce stays at is called STANLEY'S or pronounced Stan Lee. Also there was, a mention of Captin America, a Robert Downey Jr. cameo, and a somewhat disappointing Stan Lee cameo.

Rating: I'm leaning towards a
but it is more inbetween 3.5 and 4.

What others thought: Yoda

Hulk Blu-ray to House 70 Minutes of Cut Footage

During an interview with director Louis Leterrier, he mentioned that the upcoming Blu-ray release of 'The Incredible Hulk', which is set to be released this Friday, will contain 70 minutes of cut footage. Apparently, during the editing process, some much-loved scenes got cut (including one which is in the trailer, but won't be in the final cut of the film), and the Blu-ray will showcase them all.

"There's some great stuff and there's some really horrible stuff, but you'll see it all," commented Leterrier. Regardless, Blu-ray fans will get to see a side of the film that (apparently) those who buy the DVD won't.

Those close to the situation have speculated a falling-out between Leterrier and the film's star Edward Norton over the cutting of certain scenes. Here's hoping that the Blu-ray also has some nice intros from them both on why they loved the scene and why it was eventually cut.

Should you want to read it all for yourself you can find it here.

Source: Rope of Silicon via Blu-ray.com

I wonder why Tony Stark doesn't come to Bruce Banner and talk to him directly. I mean, Bruce works for Stark Industries and he is The Hulk. So why not just recruit him directly for The Avengers Initiative? Possibly going to General Ross for clearance???

I saw this today and enjoyed it, but it's not as good as Iron Man, even though Tony Stark shows up at the end. It will be a blockbuster but will take a couple of weeks to get there.

I wish Norton's character would have had more dialogue in the film. I wanted to see more from Banner and Mr. Blue. Although....you WILL see Mr. Blue in the future......Blonsky was good and I enjoyed his character. Liv Tyler was not believeable, thus, should'nt have been cast. I prefer Connely. One question....why did the Abomination have a dialogue and Hulk said only...."Hulk SMASH!!" I thought the movie was good!!

Why should he talk? As I recall The Hulk wasn't known for his witty banter.

...uh the post is up there...

Why should he talk? As I recall The Hulk wasn't known for his witty banter.
Well, as the comic went on....Hulk was a brilliant mind and grey. Keep going and he went back to a dunce and green. I think the flip flop in the comic happened more than a few times. I guess I was just hoping for a little more....

Apparently (and I apologise if I'm retreading ground jrs has linked to) but some of the more intense scenes had to be cut to retain a PG-13 or whatever rating.

Also there was some more Marvel crossoverness in the form of a star-spangled Steve.

Kay I followed the link. I'm guessing we're getting screwed over and Cap is only in it insofar as the numerous super-soldier and Dr.Reinhold mentions. Or maybe it's the original not-as-well known Captain America, that never got frozen.

I was hoping Banner would do the whole "I am going to keep waliking through Antarctica until I die cuz that's the only way I can kill myself.Oh wait that looks like a body in the ice." Cliffhanger.