Best films about loneliness?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I am surprise no one has suggested The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner (1962).
I didn't? It's one of my favorite movies, and I started the thread --- good eye!

Do you see what happens larry!?
Taxi driver instantly springs to mind.

I feel like Heat (1995) is very good at depicting loneliness – and not just in terms of intimate relationships.

Eric Rohmer's Le Rayon Vert is one of the best I've seen - it's also one of my all-time favorite films.

Eric Rohmer's Le Rayon Vert is one of the best I've seen - it's also one of my all-time favorite films.
I've always loved your taste in movies, too.. I have "La Collectionneuse " -- any good?? I think I'm going to watch the movie you mentioned first.. Thanks again!

I've always loved your taste in movies, too.. I have "La Collectionneuse " -- any good?? I think I'm going to watch the movie you mentioned first.. Thanks again!
I haven't seen 'La Collectionneuse' yet but, judging by the experience I've had with Rohmer so far, every film by him is at least worth watching. Of course, he's not everyone's cup of tea but if and once you 'get' it, there's no turning back.

"Lonely Are The Brave" might still be On-Demand.... Kirk Douglas' favorite movie. Gena Rowlands and Walter Matthau are in it as well.

Here's a quote from Kirk's character, Jack.

'Cause I'm a loner clear down deep to my guts. Know what a loner is? He's a born cripple. He's a cripple because the only person he can live with is himself. It's his life, the way he wants to live. It's all for him. A guy like that, he'd kill a woman like you. Because he couldn't love you, not the way you are loved.

Another one that I saw recently, Thank God He Met Lizzie aka The Wedding Party (1997).

Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer

At the end we find out Jean Baptise is really just quite lonely and wanted a cuddle, who can blame him?

At the end we find out Jean Baptise is really just quite lonely and wanted a cuddle, who can blame him?
Spoiler Alert!

(I thought the title was a joke!)

You can't win an argument just by being right!

I have that to watch on my lappy while I'm incarcerated.