Plainview's Top 50 films

→ in
Tools    

JFK was a superb movie. I haven't seen it in forever. Gonna change that!
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Great choice, I love JFK.

14. Its A Wonderful Life (1946)
Director: Frank Capra

Its a wonderful life, well not so much for Bedford Falls George Bailey. George has given his life to the people of Bedford Falls in order to stop a local business man from taking over the town. The film shows the life of George both the generosity and selflessness and also the down fall of giving up his dreams of traveling the world.

I wont even mention who gave my favorite performance because its just so obvious.

This was an obvious choice for me. First off James Stewart is the greatest actor to ever live and this is his second best film he stars in. Not only is the film a great feel good story, the character George Bailey really connected with me. I felt like every family man has moments where they feel like George did. Then you realize during those special moments you have with your loved ones that in the end it truly can be a wonderful life no matter what sacrifices you had to make. I could watch this film a million times and still be entertained.

13. North By Northwest (1959)
Director: Alfred Hitchcock

In a case of mistaken identity advertising executive Roger Thornhill is pursued around the country by a bunch of spies and government agents. The film follows Thornhill through a variety of close calls beginning at the United Nations building in New York and climaxing in a classic scene at Mount Rushmore.

Cary Grant gives an excellent performance as Hitchcocks focus of torture both mentally and physically.

The film consist of an excellent score by Bernard Herrmann and a well written script. The pace of the film makes this one extremely thrilling. The things Cary Grants character Roger endures is more then enough to make this a top 20 film. This is a film where your just waiting to see what happens to Roger next. With Classic scenes like the airplane scene and classic acting this film is one you should check out, if you haven't yet.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Two wonderful choices. It's a Wonderful Life has grown on me with repeated viewings, and North by Northwest is simply fantastic (my 2nd favorite Hitch film). Great picks.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You drop so many clues... it's no spoiler thatbetween Hitch and Jimmy that Rear Window is on its way.

You drop so many clues... it's no spoiler thatbetween Hitch and Jimmy that Rear Window is on its way.
What, it can't be The Man Who Knew Too Much?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."