Code Unknown: Constantine tries out a 100 films list

→ in
Tools    

Casablanca / 1942 / dir. Michael Curtiz

Heat / 1995 / dir. Michael Mann

WATCHMEN / 2009 / dir. Zack Snyder

This list is officially dope in my book , even if number one turns out to be Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2. We have many many favs in common so I'll watch every film from this list that I haven't seen yet. My guess for the number one spot.. Constantine.

Only seen Casablanca, which I barely remember.
All these awesome movies that you get to experience new and fresh for the first time. Jealousy.

An odd near ending to your list for me. Casablanca is good (the script is really good) and I like it, but I've never gotten the love for it. Heat I like watching a lot more than I think it's good. Watchmen I saw once. It's not my kind of thing and, again, I really didn't see/get what was so great/good about it. I don't really remember much about it.

Now, bring on Charlie's Angels (seeing as you got Jaws way too low.)

Now, bring on Charlie's Angels (seeing as you got Jaws way too low.)
Full throttle?

The Tree of Life / 2011 / dir. Terrence Malick

Eyes Without a Face / 1960 / dir. Georges Franju

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp / 1943 / dir. Emeric Pressburger & Michael Powell

Grave of the Fireflies / 1988 / dir. Isao Takahata

Friday the 13th / 1980 / dir. Sean S. Cunningham

Christine / 1983 / dir. John Carpenter

The Shawshank Redemption / 1994 / dir. Frank Darabont

Get Out / 2017 / dir. Jordan Peele

The Magnificent Ambersons / 1942 / dir. Orson Welles

Island of Lost Souls / 1932 / dir. Erle C. Kenton

Welcome to the human race...
Generally like the picks I've seen - Watchmen at #2 is another choice that I capital-R Respect, plus if I'm remembering the rest of the list correctly this means Christine is your favourite Carpenter which is interesting.

Generally like the picks I've seen - Watchmen at #2 is another choice that I capital-R Respect, plus if I'm remembering the rest of the list correctly this means Christine is your favourite Carpenter which is interesting.
I believe The Thing made an appearance earlier, but Christine is one that even Carpenter guys won't seem to fully commit to. The WATCHMEN acceptance is also much appreciated.

Welcome to the human race...
I stand corrected. I think Christine gets that treatment because it exists at such a remove from other Carpenters with its extensive approach to time (most of his movies take place over a week at most while this one happens over several months) that feels very different to his much more economical and compressed narratives.

(most of his movies take place over a week at most while this one happens over several months)
I've never even thought about that. You're right. Folks always seem in love with his other more notable flicks (which there is nothing wrong with that), I felt like this one gets overlooked most times.