"Getting To Know You" Song Tournament

Tools    

Master of My Domain
ROUND 3 - DAY 2:

John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights vs. Hyperplush - Truly Blonde (Alternate Link)

Sammy Davis, Jr. - I've Gotta Be Me vs. Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

Madness - Our House vs. Imogen Heap ft. Jeff Beck - Blanket

Gary Jules - Mad World vs. The Yardbirds - You're A Better Man Than I

Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good vs. Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode

Golden Earring - Twilight Zone vs. Eminem - Lose Yourself

Weird Al Yankovic - The eBay Song
vs. The Rolling Stones - Jumpin Jack Flash

Jim Croce - One Less Set of Footsteps vs. Sniff 'n the Tears - Driver's Seat

Ted Nugent - Fred Bear vs. The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 3 - DAY 2:

John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights vs. Hyperplush - Truly Blonde

Sammy Davis, Jr. - I've Gotta Be Me vs. Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

Madness - Our House vs. Imogen Heap ft. Jeff Beck - Blanket

Gary Jules - Mad World vs. The Yardbirds - You're A Better Man Than I

Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good vs. Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode

Golden Earring - Twilight Zone vs. Eminem - Lose Yourself

Weird Al Yankovic - The eBay Song vs. The Rolling Stones - Jumpin Jack Flash

Jim Croce - One Less Set of Footsteps vs. Sniff 'n the Tears - Driver's Seat

Ted Nugent - Fred Bear vs. The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want

These are the winners and the losers of ROUND 3 - DAY 1. If your song is in the losers list, now is the time to tell us that it's your nomination. It would also be nice if you would tell us why you chose that particular song as one of your nominations. What makes that song so special that you chose it for this tournament?

ROUND 3 - DAY 1: - WINNERS!

After the Fire - Der Kommissar
The Beatles - Penny Lane (Alternate Link for U.S.)
4 Non Blondes - What's Up
Johnny Cash - San Quentin
Bobby Bland - Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Garth Brooks - Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)
Michael Jackson - Rock With You

ROUND 3 - DAY 1: - LOSERS

Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better
The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
Aerosmith - The Other Side
Elton John - I'm Still Standing
Anthrax - Lone Justice
Battle Cry of Freedom
Culture Club - I'll Tumble 4 Ya
Foreigner - Dirty White Boy
Mocedades - Eres Tu

Have we all stopped guessing who's song is whos? It's kind of quit around here...come to think of it MoFo is kind of quiet lately.

I think most people made their guesses in the first round. I'm more concerned that people have stopped admitting which songs are their nominations after they're out.

Trouble with a capital "T"
I'm more concerned that people have stopped admitting which songs are their nominations after they're out.
Some are probably not paying as close as attention towards the end of the tournament, I think I had a song get knocked out but didn't realize it so never commented on it. Funny thing is I don't remember even seeing it, but I must have.

BTW is it a requirement that we reveal our songs at some point?

Some are probably not paying as close as attention towards the end of the tournament, I think I had a song get knocked out but didn't realize it so never commented on it. Funny thing is I don't remember even seeing it, but I must have.

BTW is it a requirement that we reveal our songs at some point?

No, it's not a requirement, but I think most people are curious about everyone else's nominations. The idea of this tournament was to get to know each other, and it's hard to do that if we don't know who nominated what songs.

While we're waiting for the last few votes to come in, I'll reveal another song that I considered nominating, but didn't.

This is a song that I thought about a lot, and I couldn't decide whether or not to nominate it for a few reasons. The first reason was the obvious one, that everyone would immediately know that it was my nomination. The second reason was that there was a very good chance that nobody but me would vote for it. But the main reason that I didn't nominate it was that it's from a very emotional time in my life, and I didn't know if other people were going to open up the way they did. But since some of you have opened yourself up, it's only fair that I do the same.

This is a song from a few years after I graduated from college. I had been in a relationship with a guy, and after 5+ years, we had a huge fight and broke up. I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with this guy, so it was one of the most painful times in my life. I spent many, many hours after the breakup just lying in bed listening to this song, most of it with the song playing on continuous repeat, and just thinking about what might have been.

Collin Raye - It Could've Been So Good

No reason I wouldn't have voted for that Gbg, depending on what it was up against - it's a good song!

(does Hubby know he was a rebound catch? )

I met Hubby years later, so he wasn't a "rebound catch".

GBG do you know what ever happened to that guy? Have you ever looked to see what he's doing today?

About ten years after we broke up, I saw him again, very briefly. Just by coincidence, were both on the same flight from New York to Florida. I found out that he moved to Florida and got married. (His wife wasn't with him, so I didn't meet her.)

I haven't seen him since then, and I've never looked him up on Facebook, Twitter, or anything like that, so that's all I know about him now.

Trouble with a capital "T"
My hat's off to you and everyone who told deeply personal stories. I tried, I really did but I just couldn't do it. It's like an invisible force reaches out and stops me. I wrote several post that were about myself, including one just minutes ago, but no matter how hard I tried I could not hit the submit post button.