Snapshots of History.

Tools    

Correct.

Trouble with a capital "T"
So my answer was not acknowledged. Strange Stirch.

I will ritly have a go. Easy one. Time and place.
I'm sure Stirch knows this one, so I'd better type fast
That's John Lennon and Yoko Ono in their New York apartment staging a bed-in for peace protest.

CR is working on the 1930s.. This snapshot combines this thread's topic along with "The Silver Screen" thread (which may not be a bad idea).

This is a still from the silent classic Toll of the Sea. What is the historical milestone concerning this film?

CR is working on the 1930s.. This snapshot combines this thread's topic along with "The Silver Screen" thread (which may not be a bad idea).

This is a still from the silent classic Toll of the Sea. What is the historical milestone concerning this film?

The 2011 Tsunami in Japan?

jk

Back when I was into the early history of the Technicolor process I read about that film. If memory serves me it featured Anna May Wong who was an early Asian actress in Hollywood films. That is probably her there in the photo. It was one of the first to use the two strip technicolor film process. I believe it's a lost film, unless I have that confused with another one.

You saying we should combine Snapshots and SS?

Back when I was into the early history of the Technicolor process I read about that film. If memory serves me it featured Anna May Wong who was an early Asian actress in Hollywood films. That is probably her there in the photo. It was one of the first to use the two strip technicolor film process. I believe it's a lost film, unless I have that confused with another one.
You have a good memory, CR. The Toll of the Sea was the first Hollywood Technicolor movie. And it was the first that didn't require a special projector, so it was able to be widely distributed. The film is not lost, and has been fully restored by UCLA, and available on DVD.

The actual first technicolor film in the U.S. has been lost. It was The Gulf Between, which was shot using the System 1 method in Jacksonville, Florida in 1917.

And you're right about Anna May Wong. It is she in the photo.

Your go...

You have a good memory, CR. The Toll of the Sea was the first Hollywood Technicolor movie. And it was the first that didn't require a special projector, so it was able to be widely distributed. The film is not lost, and has been fully restored by UCLA, and available on DVD.

The actual first technicolor film in the U.S. has been lost. It was The Gulf Between, which was shot using the System 1 method in Jacksonville, Florida in 1917.

And you're right about Anna May Wong. It is she in the photo.

Your go...
I kinda remembered. At least I knew it was Anna May Wong So I've seen The Toll of the Sea, my library had it.

Next one: