Gunslinger/samurai Favorite 100

→ in
Tools    

50.THIS GUN FOR HIRE-veronica lake may have been the most beautiful actress ever,but thats not the only reason to watch this.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	m1.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	6071  

Nice list... Are you going to finish it??
They haven't logged in for 2 1/2 years, so probably not.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Why are the images all attachments? What's the point?

Great list though.

Flashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

So maybe we should finish it for him?? it would be a little fun.. just a little maybe.
Sounds like tons of fun! Watch, we finish it and buddy comes back.

We could really do this. If someone wants to join in the fun just say so, and we'll create an order for posting each flick and go from there. Also, we'll want it to go with the theme of the list up to this point. We're not posting movies we want on here, but movies we think he wanted to put on here. Plus we know the top ten.

Anyone else down with some tons of fun?

I'm in.. But I'll be on a 5 day vacation.. so I'll get back to this by thursday.. You can start without me though..

We need some Papa Norris films, some spaghetti westerns, some martial arts, Seagal, etc... this will be fun..
It's as if the story will turn from a first person narrative to a 3rd person..

We are officially hijacking this list..

His general taste is pretty much outlined in his top 10 and screename. That, and a touch of cinema verite. This shant be too difficult.

49. THE GREAT ESCAPE - epic-length action film with multiple acts and a realistically tragic/absurd conclusion.

Here're all the films so far including my addition. There is no #82.

100.CRY-BABY the only john waters film i like,but i like it alot.
99.HEATHERS i was in love with winona when i first saw this,even if you dont love winona you should enjoy this dark comedy.
98.THE DEFIANT ONES great concept, two convicts chained together and on the run one is black the other a racist.
97.SUSPIRIA a pschedelic nightmare full of stunning visuals and lush colors.
96.THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE you can make a great low budget movie...this is how.
95.ARMY OF DARKNESS fun,funny,kick ass.
94.SLEEPY HOLLOW a jack o lantern full of fun.
93.MAGNIFICENT BUTCHER some of the best martial arts moves ever put on film.
92.TREASURE OF SIERRA MADRE bogey goes mad with gold lust.
91.TOMBSTONE brilliant performance by val kilmer great action/western.
90.ROGER DODGER-uncle roger shows his nephew the ropes when he comes to town seeking advice for scoring with the ladies.There are dozens of movies like this the difference is this one is good,smart and thruthful.
89.DOWN IN THE VALLEY not many people have seen this one, thats a shame ,a good movie about a man struggling for identity in a world without heroes.
88.TWO LANE BLACKTOP alienation and hotrods.
87.BAD COMPANY underated realistic revisionist western.
86.A FACE IN THE CROWD- andy griffith gives a jaw dropping performance as a meglomaniacal celebrity.
85.HITCH HIKER-"theres a killer on the road"
84.FEMALE PRISONER#701-SCORPION -violence,mayhem and nudity this is exploitation.
83.LONEWOLF MCQUADE-why? its chuck norris,chump.
82. ???
81.SINGLES-everytime i watch this im back in college and grunge is king.
80.THE GRAPES OF WRATH-ive always been interested in this period of american history,and its a dang good movie.
79.THE ROAD WARROIR-post apocalyptic mayem.
78.THE BREAKFAST CLUB-"your a nazi zoom dweebie".
77.PLATOON-stone is overated and an ******* but this is a good movie.
76.DARK PASSAGE-bogey looses face.
75.300/SIN CITY-100%over the top,100% macho,100% un-p.c. iv'e figured out why i love these movies.
74.PANIC IN THE STREETS-a detective and a doctor must find two felons who have the plague before it spreads.
73.HUD-hud looks out for number one even if he has to give his family the shaft.
72.NIGHT AND THE CITY-Harry fabian wants the good life but doesnt want to work for it,he gets what he wants but at a terrible price.
71.HERO-I love these wuxia films with thier mixture of melodrama and high action.
70.HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER-whats cooler than a gunfighter came back from the dead for vengeance?... nothing. clints first appearance on my list, it wont be his last.
69.THE STRAIGHT STORY-an old timer takes a cross country trip on his lawn mower and spreads his down home wisdom along the way.
68.HARVEY-jimmy stewart is a alchoholic who talks to a 6ft rabbit that doesnt exist....or does it?
67.VANILLA SKY-bizarre film about the effects of vanity...i think.
66.THE CROW-you dont have to be a goth to dig this movie,but it probably helps.
65.GET CARTER-dont get on jack carters bad side.
64.THE ALAMO-david crockett is one of my favorite historical figures and billybob(who i generally dislike) does a great job portraying davy.
63.SWORD OF THE BEAST-a betrayed and hunted samurai whos only mission is survival.
62.BRUTE FORCE-the best prison drama this side of shawshank.
61.FIGHT CLUB-a film about the decaying effects of modern society on one man.
59.FEAR AND LOATHING-you may get a contact high from watching this.
58.LADY SNOWBLOOD-scenes of extreme violence mixed with scenes of extreme beauty.
57.THE DIRTY DOZEN-12 convicted soldiers on a suicide mission led by lee marvin,whats not to love.
56.FRAILITY-rember a few years back when every movie had a twist ending? this one works and works brilliantly.
55.THUNDER ROAD-mitchum as a moonshine runner.
54.GOYOKIN-samurai faces his clan in mortal combat to prevent a massacre.
53.STAGECOACH-wayne and ford set the standard for westerns for the next three decades with this one.
52.NAKED CITY-documentary style detective drama.
51.SAMURAI REBELLION-samurai fights for love
50.THIS GUN FOR HIRE-veronica lake may have been the most beautiful actress ever,but thats not the only reason to watch this.
---
49. THE GREAT ESCAPE - epic-length action film with multiple acts and a realistically tragic/absurd conclusion.

F*ck it. I'm going to finish this list by myself.

48. YOJIMBO-a great western in the east that indirectly inspired my favorite film.