MoFo-Netflix Circle of Love

Tools    

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by OG-
EDIT:
Actually, what I hoped would happen (kind of) already has. A lawsuit has been brought against Netflix for their bull**** "unlimited rentals" claim and I ask everyone who is a subscriber to check out this site:

http://www.netflixsettlementsucks.com/

Even if you don't get over 12 movies a month and are thus not affected, what they're doing isn't fair. Don't sign on if you don't want to (or if you don't even care), but you should at least know it is out there.
I signed up for their bribe yesterday. If you meet the criteria, you might as well, because either way getting the email means you can't sue, according to them. (it's not legally binding unless you click something on their site, however...)

I got for good luck my black tooth.
That whole scam, combined with the fact that they don't ship on saturdays makes this really not much faster than blockbuster if at all.

I am no longer getting next day service apparently nor movies from the top of my queue. It's so infuriating that they set up a service and punish you for utilizing it. It's like insurance companies that deny coverage to people with diseases that will require a lot of medical care. (on a much smaller, less important scale obviously).

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I agree and Netflix is close to driving me to getting Blockbusters unlimited rental plan. I used to smile whenever I would drop a Netflix DVD in the mailbox because its right across the street from a Blockbuster, but if the service continues to be this poor I may just start walking across the street instead.

MovieForums Extra
I have noticed that it is taking longer than ususal for the movies I used to receive in two or three days. I send them in the mail Monday and now I don't see the new ones until Saturday. I had no idea about the changes. Thanks OG.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
NetFlix is great! I decided to list what movies are currently on my queue.

1. As Good As It Gets
2. The Green Mile
3. Goodfellas
4. Hotel Rwanda
5. The Sixth Sense
6. Good Will Hunting
7. A Time To Kill
8. The Pianist
9. Fight Club
10. Black Hawk Down
11. Dances With Wolves
12. Philadelphia
13. Brian's Song
14. American Beauty
15. The Cider House Rules
16. Field Of Dreams
17. Dead Man Walking
18. 21 Grams
19. Life Is Beautiful
20. The Usual Suspects
21. Memento
22. Good Night And Good Luck
23. Traffic
24. The Boondock Saints
25. The English Patient
26. Unforgiven
27. Driving Miss Daisy
28. Seven
29. City Of God
30. Oldboy
31. Seven Samurai
32. Sin City
33. Pulp Fiction
34. Raging Bull
35. Fargo
36. Apollo 13
37. Saving Private Ryan
38. The Thin Red Line
39. The Lost Boys
40. Awakenings
41. My Left Foot
42. Shine
43. JFK
44. Malcolm X
45. Born On The Fourth Of July
46. Out Of Africa
47. Hannah And Her Sisters
48. Platoon
49. The Broadway Melody Of 1929
50. West Side Story

I'm trying to watch every movie ever nominated for best picture, so that's why there are so many of those type of movies. The only movie I've ever seen on that list is Fargo. Are those movies all good?

I've seen 33 of those, some are very good, others not quite so good. Of the ones you have there, my top few (that I've seen, and in no real order):

The Usual Suspects
American Beauty
Seven
Seven Samurai
Goodfellas
Pulp Fiction

And,
The Sixth Sense
Born on the Fourth of July
Are the only ones I'd give really negative reviews.

Originally Posted by BobbyB
Oh man...I was looking forward to The Sixth Sense.

The Sixth Sense is not one of my favorites either... but numerous other people really enjoyed it... and you may fall in with the latter group... so don't stop looking forward to it just yet...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i coulda sworn there was a netflix friends thread elsewhere already where i did this ... total deja vu ...

miriamwynn at gmail.com

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by OG-
...EDIT:
Actually, what I hoped would happen (kind of) already has. A lawsuit has been brought against Netflix for their bull**** "unlimited rentals" claim and I ask everyone who is a subscriber to check out this site:

http://www.netflixsettlementsucks.com/

Even if you don't get over 12 movies a month and are thus not affected, what they're doing isn't fair. Don't sign on if you don't want to (or if you don't even care), but you should at least know it is out there.
Six months later, I've never gotten that one extra movie I was offered (to make up for the delays that limit the "unlimited" rentals). My service has slowed a lot and my roommate and I have both not recieved anything in over a week, except promises that things are in the mail.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
wow, is anyone else having this problems with Netflix? i find the service to be pretty good for me... like, i mail one out say on Monday and one comes in its place on Wednesday... knock on wood.

MovieForums Extra
Right now I'm sending them out on Monday and receiving them by Thursday. And I'm getting them in the order that I requested. The service works well in New Hampshire.

Netfliz was the best thing ever until they "throttled me." So, in anger I cancelled my membership. Then, I started renting from Blockbuster again, until I realized how much money I was wasting. So, I re-joined NETFLIX under a new name and IP address and I rent alot of movies, just not quite as many before so they don't throttle me again. They will sooner or later I'm sure, but renting a few less per week hopefully will make it happen alot later.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
what does "throttling" you mean?
If you rent more than 12 movies a month, they begin to throttle you by holding onto your DVDs for a day or so after having recieved them. They also will send out copies of a film at the top of your queue to people who rent less often, before they send them out to you. As a final slap in the face, they'll ship your next movie out from farther away facilities, so as it doesn't come next day.

It's all just an effort to save them money by intentionally reducing their volume, but keeping price the same.