Cloverfield (1.18.08)

Tools    

We will revealing more hints about the movie cloverfield and more areas of www.slusho.com . Watch comi-con on G4.

We will revealing more hints about the movie cloverfield and more areas of www.slusho.com . Watch comi-con on G4.

As you can see is the teaser poster for J.J. Abrham's Cloverfield. The numbers on the bottom indicate the release date. Some are saying/thinking "The official poster is here, the title is 1-18-08". Well, I'm sorry guys....it's a simple ordinary teaser poster like any other. A photo with a date. Then the next one-sheet will be with the film's title and date, then newer versions of the poster (if released more versions in time) or just one more afterwards which will be official theatrical poster with its photo, credits and all.

i have to wait for this! there's so many different reactions about this movie and it's kinda intrigue me..

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Going along with slusho.jp...

Puzzle websites containing Lovecraftian elements, such as one based on Ethan Haas Was Right, were originally reported to be connected to the film. However, on July 9, 2007, producer J. J. Abrams stated that, while a number of websites were being developed to market the film, the only official site that had been found was 1-18-08.com. Kirk Montgomery of Colorado's 9NEWS reported an inside source's claim that the website Slusho.jp "has lots of clues", though this has not been officially confirmed as a marketing campaign website. The Washington Post also reported, "Records showed that the Slusho Web site was registered before the trailer aired, indicating that the site almost had to be official."

You can email slusho.com, and you get this response:

Slusho! loves your mails!! You Can't Drink Just Six!!!

Also, there is a little section where you can mix up your drink with monsters. Eh eh?

I think some clues may lie in being translated from the Japanese; at any rate, I found this out, and then some, on Wikipedia's entry on the film. Can anyone confirm what the "Furious" means on the new poster? (Is that even a legit poster?)

Should be a fun ad campaign to play along with...

The official website also has some new pictures up.

P.S. ethanhaaswasright.com is an alternate reality game (ARG) for the role-playing game Alpha Omega.

Going along with slusho.jp...

Puzzle websites containing Lovecraftian elements, such as one based on Ethan Haas Was Right, were originally reported to be connected to the film. However, on July 9, 2007, producer J. J. Abrams stated that, while a number of websites were being developed to market the film, the only official site that had been found was 1-18-08.com. Kirk Montgomery of Colorado's 9NEWS reported an inside source's claim that the website Slusho.jp "has lots of clues", though this has not been officially confirmed as a marketing campaign website. The Washington Post also reported, "Records showed that the Slusho Web site was registered before the trailer aired, indicating that the site almost had to be official."

You can email slusho.com, and you get this response:

Slusho! loves your mails!! You Can't Drink Just Six!!!

Also, there is a little section where you can mix up your drink with monsters. Eh eh?

I think some clues may lie in being translated from the Japanese; at any rate, I found this out, and then some, on Wikipedia's entry on the film. Can anyone confirm what the "Furious" means on the new poster? (Is that even a legit poster?)

Should be a fun ad campaign to play along with...

P.S. ethanhaaswasright.com is an alternate reality game (ARG) for the game Alpha Omega.
Wow is all I can say. All I know is though that the poster is legit. One question...where did you get the one with the furious on it?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
All hype and rumors put aside, we've got roughly 6 months before we'll know for sure.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Beware The Probe!
The 'Furious' title is new to me too.
I've always seen it left blank or named Monstrous.

http://cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com...-high-res.html

Did they change it to Furious?

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Honestly, my brother and sister-in-law told me they had heard it get named Mysterious...

But now rumors are spreading that J.J. and his team officially copyrighted the title Overnight, which to me would make an appropriate film title.

P.S. That blogsite is pretty helpful, such as the character's having MySpace accounts and the photo's from the website now being able to be flipped over and have some little notes written on them by the characters.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It's funny how much hype a movie without a title, without very much of a premise is all of a sudden one of the most talked about movies set to come out next year. The frickin movie doesn't even have a set title and there's so much hearsay on what it should be called, what it won't be called, it cracks me up the whole thing does.

Maybe the Abrams crew knew they didn't have a very original story so they are hyping the crap out of it just to get that first weekend on lock down.

That's my theory.

yeah.. 5 months to go... i'm excited to see this movie...

The Adventure Starts Here!
jrs, where are you actually seeing a creature? I watched the teaser and didn't see anything except explosions and the head of the Statue of Liberty...

??

P.S. Looks pretty darned fun to me so far. I love uses for the Internet that don't involve lines like "send me ur pic."