Rate The Movie Above You

Tools    

Man, someone did that movie not even five posts ago. I'm stealing your shot.

The Last Temptation of Christ (d. Martin Scorsese, 1988)

I am having a nervous breakdance
Amores Perros 9/10

Sex and Lucia

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Sex & Lucia
EIGHT out of TEN

Crash (Cronenberg)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike

Crash (Cronenberg)
7/10

The Day the Earth Stood Still~1951

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Parky
3/10 - I just hate old films.
My dear god. What's wrong with you?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by linespalsy
swept away [wertmuller]
I decided to watch this one when Madonna made her craptapular version. It didn't turn out to be a favorite, but I liked it well enough.

7.5/10

Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes (Aguirre: The Wrath of God)
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

the original swept away is pretty good. wertmuller's best would have to be 'seven beauties' or 'love and anarchy'. you might like 'the seduction of mimi' more than 'swept away', it's got one of the funniest moments i've ever seen in a film.

the wrath of god - 10/10

cobra verde.

cobra verde.
I haven't seen this one, but I'm pumped to now! I love Kinski and Herzog.

Thanks for the other tips as well, I'll look them up tonight.

fitzcarraldo.
So much for the average movie viewer being able to play. A few of us are terrible.

i'm curious why 'cobra verde' scored only seven out of ten with holden. i wasnt expecting much from it but was really surprised by how much i liked it. probably gets third place with me of the herzog/kinski stuff, behind 'aguirre' and 'woyzeck'.

Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
Serpico nine out of ten, A

Pacino's best performance, edging out The Godfather and Scarecrow.

Witness for the Prosecution
I disagree, those are very good but I think SCARFACE was Pacino's best performance. I didn't think he put a lot into the role of Michael Corleone. It was very early in his movie career anyway. I'm very familiar with Al Pacino's work and I thought he just embodied the character. Everything about him, the way he moved, the way he talked. It was nothing like he ever done and I think was the best performance of a gangster ever. Even better than the original or any of Humphrey Bogart's movies. Pacino was just brilliant.

nine of ten.

fitzcarraldo.

yeah right buddy!

Field of Dreams

Do you know my poetry?
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Eight out of Ten

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest