Things that annoy you...

Tools    

I went outside last night, perfectly clear and perfectly dark. I live out in the country so no street lights, BUT there was 100 foot tall fir trees blocking my view, so I didn't see the northern lights. I've been to Alaska three times and didn't see the lights there either. Rats!
Tell you what. Fell those darn fir trees. How dare they block anyone’s view.

Nah, that's what everyone else does. I plant trees.
Interesting article in the NYTimes yesterday. Apparently a lot of people don’t fell even dead trees. They say it’s better to leave them as long as there is not a danger. I personally find dead trees to be very ugly, but what do I know.

Interesting article in the NYTimes yesterday. Apparently a lot of people don’t fell even dead trees. They say it’s better to leave them as long as there is not a danger. I personally find dead trees to be very ugly, but what do I know.
I live in the middle of a wooden 5 acres. We have some dead trees here and if one cares about wildlife like I do, they don't get cut down (unless they're a danger to the house). The reason is woodpeckers find easy pickins' in the dead wood as insect larvae live in the dead trees. The woodpeckers make big holes and then squirrels, chipmunks and different bird species can nest in them.

I live in the middle of a wooden 5 acres. We have some dead trees here and if one cares about wildlife like I do, they don't get cut down (unless they're a danger to the house). The reason is woodpeckers find easy pickins' in the dead wood as insect larvae live in the dead trees. The woodpeckers make big holes and then squirrels, chipmunks and different bird species can nest in them.
Interesting. Did not know this.

Facebook annoyance. Has anyone had a 'general eric t hill' try to friend request you on facebook? I assume it's a scam. Got a friend request off 'him'... Didn't even click on the name.
I don't know how old you are but I get alleged widowers and retired service men. Old ladies must love service men.

Ever been to the supermarket when you have to walk home and you regret buying so much stuff because it feels like you are carrying a bag of bricks.

^ Always, especially when I have to walk up a really long steep hill!

I don't know how old you are but I get alleged widowers and retired service men. Old ladies must love service men.
Not there yet.

Ever been to the supermarket when you have to walk home and you regret buying so much stuff because it feels like you are carrying a bag of bricks.
I don’t drive but one of our supermarkets gives one a ride home if one spends $79 or more. For a big shop, which I can’t carry, this has been so useful starting this year. I give the driver $5 (I live like 5 mins away from the store) & they’ve gotten to be so helpful in getting the bags to my front door, etc. Can’t imagine Stop & Shop doing anything like this.

Lately, I almost always get a wave of depression just after sundown (after dinner).
It usually lasts until I go for my evening walk a couple hours later.
Anyone else experience this?
I've heard of "sundown" syndrome which usually pertains to people with a severe injury, pain or illness (and how it often gets worse after sundown). I wonder if this is somehow related?

Lately, I almost always get a wave of depression just after sundown (after dinner).
I've heard of "sundown" syndrome which usually pertains to people with a severe injury, pain or illness (and how it often gets worse after sundown). I wonder if this is somehow related?
Doesn’t happen to me. How far do you go for your evening walks? I wouldn’t mind taking an evening walk if I had a partner. My walks are always in daylight.

Doesn’t happen to me. How far do you go for your evening walks? I wouldn’t mind taking an evening walk if I had a partner. My walks are always in daylight.
I used to go for a 40 - 45 minute walk (about 1.2) miles.
Lately, due to various injuries & such, I do at least 20 minutes (about a half mile) every night - weather permitting.

It seems to me that depression is more usual in the evenings, but I don't know if that's true across the board.

If it always happens after your supper, have you considered it might be something you're eating; or some type of physical reaction?

Physical activity often can relieve mild/moderate depression.

It seems to me that depression is more usual in the evenings, but I don't know if that's true across the board.

If it always happens after your supper, have you considered it might be something you're eating; or some type of physical reaction?

Physical activity often can relieve mild/moderate depression.
I've considered the idea that perhaps dinner is kind of a climax to the day (something to look forward to), but after it's over, it marks the day's end in a way - nothing more to really look forward to... except dessert, that is.

Maybe it's the same kind of anti-climactic depression that follows holidays, but on a smaller & more daily scale.

I rarely look forward to my walks, so they don't bring about a sense of anticipation, but I always feel better after I've taken them.

I've considered the idea that perhaps dinner is kind of a climax to the day (something to look forward to), but after it's over, it marks the day's end in a way - nothing more to really look forward to... except dessert, that is.

Maybe it's the same kind of anti-climactic depression that follows holidays, but on a smaller & more daily scale.

I rarely look forward to my walks, so they don't bring about a sense of anticipation, but I always feel better after I've taken them.
Don't you settle down after dinner and watch some TV? I always found that a good way to cap of the day.

Speaking of holidays, I'm elated when they are over, especially Christmas.

I used to go for a 40 - 45 minute walk (about 1.2) miles.
Lately, due to various injuries & such, I do at least 20 minutes (about a half mile) every night - weather permitting.
20 mins is a very nice walk. Sometimes I don’t want to go especially if I’m stressed about something, but I would feel so much worse if I didn’t go.

Don't you settle down after dinner and watch some TV? I always found that a good way to cap of the day.
I’m the same way. I enjoy streaming at the end of the day when the day is gone & things have quieted down. I look forward to this time very much.

Health Care Institutions that get hacked and are forced to shut down operations. Just an idea, but you might want to think about hiring the best IT you can find to keep you operations up and running. It's starting to look like the most important people at hospitals are the ones who have nothing to do with medicine/health care. Seems like they may be just as valuable as the Doctors you employ. Perhaps you should pay them like it. Or just go back to doing everything on paper. And don't tell me you're prepared for stuff like this and everything is running smooth because, as a customer I can tell ya, ya aren't and it ain't!

Way to get more votes... Conservatives here in the UK plan to bring back 'mandatory' national service, either a year in the military or a year of weekend 'VOLUNTARY' work.

Going to lose many more votes now.

Will apparently cost nearly £3 billion a year to do, that could go into something of actual use instead.

****ing ****s.

Religious conversation using divine names too much, like every other word is Christ for example. The shine such words may have once have becomes the dullest most inane and nauseating sounds to my ears.