The 2015 MoFies... The Categories

Tools    

Not trying to be a Debbie downer, but this was a boring year for Mofoland.
You don't have to try.

Yep, lists are stil eligible for editing and stuff until Jan 5th.

If you send your list to Sean via PM though, then you're solidifying your list and can't change it.

I put the PM thing in as it makes it a little easier for Sean to know when people has finalised their lists but he's said he's also happy to take the lists from the thread too.

On Jan 5th, all lists submitted and taken from the thread, are final, and Sean will then write up the ballots containing the highest voted-for names in the categories and people then have about a week to send in their actual votes depending on what names are in the ballots.

It's the ballot voting which determines who gets the MoFie.

Last day of 2015.

So posts and threads and avatars and other stuff that appear today are the last of the eligible choices.

Still got till Jan 5th for list updating and stuff though.

I'm done with mine. I jerked myself off a little bit and nominated my Movie of the Month Master Thread as a best thread candidate. It is the thread that spawned the other threads and genuinely think that it's a good thing that got going this year.

And to kinda counterbalance it, I did nominate my review thread for the worst thread of the year.

I said I'd pm it but all my noms are right here, so here ya go!

http://www.movieforums.com/community...47#post1369947

Oh okay, just disregard those 2 then.

Edit: Actually in that case I'll nominate Yoda's Movie of the Month thread for GATACCA.

Alright I have been through the thread. Noms are still open but if you want to change or add anything before this post you need to PM me. I will not be going back through this thread. Anyone new wants to nominate they can do so and I will catch it.

Going through these noms it feels like we should have three noms for each category on the final ballot. Does anyone object to this?

Well, the ballots will be up to 5 max per category
What I'm saying is there are going to be quite a few categories where #4 and #5 are going to have like ten things tied with one vote. How did you break those ties in the past?

I think Godoggo used a "more than one vote" thing. So if placements 1, 2 and 3 have 2 or more votes each, and #4+ only have one vote, then 4+ don't go into the ballot and there's only 3 go in.

Otherwise some cats would have 12 or 13 names in them.

I think Godoggo used a "more than one vote" thing. So if placements 1, 2 and 3 have 2 or more votes each, and #4+ only have one vote, then 4+ don't go into the ballot and there's only 3 go in.

Otherwise some cats would have 12 or 13 names in them.
Gotcha, so five max but some have less than five. No problem.