Originally Posted by Zzat
Donnie Darko: Director's Cut on February 15, ,2005
thanks to DVDanswers.com

Title: Donnie Darko
Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal
Released: 15th February 2005
SRP: $26.98

Further Details
Fox Home Entertainment has officially announced the new director's cut of Donnie Darko which stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Maggie Gyllenhaal. The two-disc set will be available to own from the 15th February next year, and should set you back around $26.98 in total. The film itself should be presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen along with both English Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo Surround tracks. Extras will include an audio commentary with Writer/Director Richard Kelly and Kevin Smith, a production diary with optional commentary by Director of Photography Steven Poster, a story-board to screen featurette, a They Made Me Do It Too documentary on the cult of Donnie Darko, #1 Fan: A Darkomentary and the trailer for the director's cut. I'm afraid the artwork has yet to be released, but we'll bring you that very shortly.

Never picked up the original release, will more then likely get this one.

at davis dvd.com

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment has announced Donnie Darko: Director's Cut for release on February 15th, 2005. The two-disc set will feature a new 2.35:1 anamorphic transfer with Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 Surround tracks. Extras will include an audio commentary with writer/director Richard Kelly and Kevin Smith, "They Made Me Do It Too" documentary on the cult of Donnie Darko, "#1 Fan: A Darkomentary" documentary, a production diary with optional commentary by Director of Photography Steven Poster, storyboard-to-screen featurette and a trailer for the director's cut. Retail will be $26.98.

2 disk sets ounds sweet

I was just gonna post this!

Movie Explorer
I thought I saw a DVD of "Donnie Darko" at the store a few days ago...hmm.

Originally Posted by Viscuoa
Sure the One disc version... for 9.99

They never Forgot!
Directors cut region 1 will be in stores Feb 15th, By B-day

Originally Posted by Viscuoa
I am definitely buying the new Director's Cut, although I'm still keeping the original one disc. It will be OOP I'm sure eventually. I keep all OOP DVDs. To me they are collectibles

They never Forgot!
they took scenes out of the directors cut and changed a few other things. and there is still some things on the original version that i wanted so i got that at the same time. the girl at the cashout desk wondered why i was getting both.

history *is* moralizing
ordered it at amazon a few days ago........

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Is it worth it to get the director's cut or should I just get the original release which is a lot cheaper?

history *is* moralizing
i'd say it's worth! really. some things i would've made different maybe, (for example the chapter of Philosophy of Time Travel that appears just before the end kinda disturbs the rythm just before the climax...) but as a whole:
1) improvement of some details (the spear outta the chest at last is not ridiculous)
2) better clarity and more references
3) the music the director originally wanted
4) extras are great and informative (documentary)
5) Kevin Smith's commentary is real worth if you like comics like i do, and superheroes and Clerksand Dogma...