What were your problems with Moulin Rouge

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I kinda liked the fast paced motions. At times it was a little excessive, but others, I thought it was appropriate.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Guy
I noticed the fast 2 second cuts were mainly in the first half during the dance sequences, the second half slowed down. What's wrong with this though? It really made you feel like you were there in the Moulin Rouge experiencing the crazyness.

I just hated this film. It's in my bottom 5 of all time. I just think Baz went in there going 'right lets get old songs and re-vamp them to appeal to a younger generation of kids, we will make sure that the set is way over the top along with the characters so that when we hire Nicole Kidman in the lead role people won't notice that she can't act or sing'.

I have had to watch this film twice, once in year 10 English, and another time in year 12 English. And my god I don't think I have wanted to smash a tv so much in my life. The whole time I got annoyed with the plot. Her character has Teburculosis(however you spell it) so her fate is pretty much sealed, and all she cares about is the money she gets from being a prostitute. If I was dying i'd rather be with the one I love instead of messing him about and one minute professing my love for him, and then telling him you don't love him. If you ask me, she's a head case.

And what annoys me is that people classify this as one of the great musicals. Music isn't original for a start. People need to watch West Side Story or Singin' in the rain. Those are amazing musicals.