Most Intense Scene in a Movie

Tools    

Guy
Originally posted by Utopia/Dystopia
The whole of Breaking the Waves was extremely emotionally intense.
I agree. I also think Dancer in the Dark is pretty emotionally upsetting.

"And the fact that mine has Desert Eagle...POINT 5 0 written on the side of mine..."
...should precipitate you balls into shrinking -- along with your presence.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
The Happiness 'confession'
The final scene in Do The Right Thing.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Also forgot to add the scene in The Princess and the Warrior in which Sissy is beneath the truck.

I loved the entire construction of that scene.

American Psycho is psycho

The first time I witnessed this scene, my stomach was in a complete knot. It is a long, drawn out scene, too. Everytime I see it, I still get that feeling in the pit of my stomach.

The hotel scene in Tarantino's True Romance between Patricia Arquette and a now famous James Gandolfini is an amazing series of sequences in film history. It is perfect. In fact, if I had to pick the second most intense scene, it is earlier in the same film: between Denis Hopper and an absolutely chilling Christopher Walken.

True Romance is that good.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
The scene in Schindler's List in which Ralph Fienne's character directs the Rabbi making hinges outside, intending to shoot him, but his gun will not fire.

The entire film is made up of moments like that one.
That is what makes it a truly great film.

The one you point out is for me the most amazing in the film.

Second of course is Ralph Finnes' early morning target practise.

Ok, jumping in here with the Big Boys . . . in Matrix when Neo lassos the helicopter, and he is pulled to the edge of the building and just . . . stops. That Snapped me.

And in the first Jurassic, when the scientist whatzizname sees the dinos grazing for the first time he just -- sits down, as if his legs forgot how to stand up. I liked that a lot.

And there is --- don't laugh -- a space opera show whose name I forget in which The Great ShawnC is a marshall or something, and he has to go after the badguys who are coming through one of those subway-style airlock doors, and he is just standing there with his back to the camera. Waiting. Like the marshall in High Noon. And he just -- Waits, with the gun-type thing in his hands. Grizzled and gray and tired, he just -- Waits, doing his duty, doing what's right. Hey that was a real high. You know he's going to do okay, because . . . he's Shawn Connery, forpetesake, but it was a really tense mo.

And in Alien I. All of Alien I to tell the truth, but especially when they are tippytoeing around through the Eggs!

Lots of tense mo-mins, but those were some good ones.

Love,
Jozie

Outland (1981) is the Sean Connery flick that is a loose re-make of High Noon set in outer space.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Jozie
And in the first Jurassic, when the scientist whatzizname sees the dinos grazing for the first time he just -- sits down, as if his legs forgot how to stand up. I liked that a lot.
That was intense!?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Thanks Omnipotent Mass. You're RIGHT. I take my head off 2 U@
Love,
Jozie

Yes, Spud, I thought so. That's what they mean when they say "It floored me!" kind of sank him to the floor. That ever happen 2U?
Love,
J

When I meant intense I meant it was one of those scenes that kept you on the edge of your seat...and when it was over you were terrified.

That's what I meant by intense...

I wouldn't say that I was terrified by this scene, but I've never been so upset in a theater, which to me means the scene was rather intense.

WARNING: "Black Hawk Down" spoilers below
The scene where the Somians strip the dead solider down and begin passing him around had me digging my fingers into the seat I was so upset. The entire sequence of the brave soliders essentially commiting suicide on the off chance that there may be survivors... only to end up being treated in such a savage and inhumane manner really got to me. Sorry this isn't more articulate, but I get upset just thinking about it

MOD EDIT: Added in the Spoilers Tag...saves for scrolling...

B&W
@ the end of Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

th opening scene of Scream

th dinner scene in Texas Chainsaw Massacre

th brain scene in Hannibal

all of Evil Dead

Scene at end of Deer Hnter when they singin. Scene in Magnolia when they singin. Exocist - whole movie.

Originally posted by SultanBigPants
Scene at end of Deer Hnter when they singin. Scene in Magnolia when they singin. Exocist - whole movie.
You wanna post that again without making it sound like you don't know grammer.

Originally posted by spudracer

You wanna post that again without making it sound like you don't know grammer.
You wanna post that again without making it seem like you don't know how to spell.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Hehe.