The Movie Clap: Why?

Tools    

I clap for movies that have entertained me out of respect for the hard work and dedication that the people put forth for me to have an enjoyable evening. I know they will never know that I clapped for the movie, but it still makes me feel good that I can give appreciation to something that gave me enjoyable 2 hours.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Yoda
To me, it's just a natural reaction when I've seen a movie that I think was particularly good. It feels like the right thing to do when I'm especially impressed by what I've just seen. I think it's also about expressing this appreciation to the rest of the audience, and seeing if they feel the same way by joining in.
I think that about hits the nail on the head. I usually only clap if the feel was like "holy freaking crap" and other people are clapping. Other then that, I go pee-pee.

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
Everyone booed at the Revenge of the Sith Midnight premire at my local theatre.
Well DUH!!!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza