Introduction - Recomendations for a serious movie

Tools    

Originally Posted by Aniko
I keep forgetting about these. I need to rent these again. This past month I got my daughter hooked on The Count of Monte Cristo ('revenge is sooo awesome!'), so maybe I can get her to like those as well. Thanks for the list Holden.

I can just about guarantee that she'll like them and you'll absolutely love 'em. They are smart and witty and exciting and funny and fun and have a great cast, top to bottom (Michael York, Oliver Reed, Richard Chamberlain, Raquel Welch, Faye Dunaway, Christopher Lee, Geraldine Chaplin, Spike Milligan, Roy Kinnear, Frank Finlay and Charlton Heston). The first one is the most comedic, and the second part all the darker stuff, but both are brilliant. Director Dick Lester (A Hard Day's Night) did a marvellous job bringing them to the screen in all their glory.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra