Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Battle for the Planet of the Apes -

It really is remarkable how much these new Apes movies borrowed from this and Conquest.

So lame & so boring.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Nope, but I want to catch it, just so many movies, and not enough time
Shame Shame Shame. Get cracking.

I know, what can I say I still have to watch The Godfather too. I haven't seen that one or the sequel. Or Taxi Driver for that matter of fact.
So many good movies. I currently have go to list of over hundred and that's just since joining this forum. Crying. Can't choose.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I know, what can I say I still have to watch The Godfather too. I haven't seen that one or the sequel. Or Taxi Driver for that matter of fact.
i haven't seen the graduate either, i just have a feeling it will be dated but hopefully will be pleasantly surprised. The Godfather though, omg, that is a very special movie. A masterpiece (i prefer it to the sequel). You really need to see it, really ASAP.

Twin Peaks : The Return
-

Complete and utter EMBARRASSMENT as a legitimate continuation and a serious detriment to the show's legacy. This season never should have happened and as far as I'm concerned it never did. Lynch should be ashamed of himself for exploiting Twin Peaks brand in order to create this self-indulgent " best of compilation " of his past carrer. I can't believe, I actually wasted my time on this disgustingly bad piece of pseudo-art.

I've never seen The Graduate. One of these days
CR, you keep surprising me...

I understand you are not the type to check out all the new movies, so that you hadnt seen Harry Potter for example wasn't a biggie to me. But that you hadnt seen the Godfather series AND neither The Graduate!?!?! Oh my

Edit: NOT TAXI DRIVER EITHER!?!?! God dammit, Citizen, I can't be seen talking to you on this forum anymore...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Not bad. Tom Hardy excellent as the twins. Maybe overly long?
The brilliance of that poster is that Guardian rating is actually just two stars.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Little Evil

(Eli Craig)

I wanted something a little more from this Netflix film. All the ingredients are there; good actors, clever humour and funny premise, but I can't help but feel that the end product comes up a little short. The film has a lot of heart, but it doesn't feel as edgy as it could or should be.

Gary Bloom, a real estate agent, moves in with his new wife Samantha and her son Lucas. Samantha hopes that Lucas and Gary will get along, despite the marriage being a rather quick one. Gary attempts to be a good stepdad but something feels off about Lucas. For one; he has a goat sock puppet that speaks like a demonic toy to people. It doesn't help that Lucas also likes to sit in front of a static television and glare at Gary every chance he gets. But he's just a kid right? Wrong....he's the Anti-Christ.

After the hilarious Tucker & Dale VS Evil, I was anticipating Craig's next move. Here he's dipped his feet into the horror comedy genre once again, with similar results. Little Evil is just as clever as Tucker & Dale, but it suffers a little from some bland direction and too much heart. Yes, I said it...too much heart. The film pokes fun at, with respect mind you, films like; The Shining, The Omen, Rosemary's Baby, etc. I expected a little bit more punch from Little Evil. The script is clever and subverts many of the 'Evil Child' tropes, which is welcomed. I saw a lot of the jokes and I chuckled or smirked, but I don't think I ever once laughed out loud.

Scott does a good job of playing the straight-man, as he does in most of his work. He's up against the spawn of Satan, but he also has his stepfather duties. The film plays with this duality quite well and offers up an interesting takes on his situation with his stepson. Evangeline Lilly is the clueless mother who only sees her loving son and not evil incarnate. Even when she sees the word RAPTURE, written in red paint, backwards on the ceiling of her sons room. Many would run in terror, instead she thinks to herself "How creative" and is proud of her sons artistic abilities. Even though the role is basically one-note, Lilly gives the character enough clueless charm to make her likable.

Horror comedies are hard to pull off. People either think the film is not funny or not scary. This is how I expect the reaction to Little Evil to be. I for one enjoyed it enough to recommend, I'm just not overly enthusiastic about it. Which is a shame because it feels right up my alley.

Care to elaborate?
Elaborate on what? The fact that it has historical inaccuracies? I thought it was a well-known fact - you can read about it on the Internet. As far as I know, actual POWs slammed the film, saying it was a slap in the face of history and an insult to those who died and survived the horrors of those events. But as I said, to me that's not really that big of an issue.

As for lack of believability, I mainly referred to moments like, for example, when Nicholson blows up the bridge by somehow accidentally falling on the detonator - that seemed far-fetched to me and a bit of a silly way to end what could have been an even more powerful final sequence (could it be interpreted as symbolizing the randomness and absurdity of war?). The whole thing just felt like a sugarcoated Hollywood-ish version of the events, from the somewhat improbable relationship between Nicholson and the head of the camp (who seemed too soft-hearted and easily swayed), to the Japanese being portrayed as backward, incompetent and spineless next to the sophisticated, patriotic, morally superior Brits, or a group of British commandos being washed in the river by glamorous Burmese ladies while on a mission to blow up the bridge, etc, etc. It just slightly rubbed me the wrong way, but of course your mileage may vary.

That said, a case could be made that not all Japanese POW commandants were absolute monsters during the war, and some of them had some humanity in them. And hey, after all, this is not a documentary, and doesn't have to be factually correct from start to finish. Of course, this opinion is valid as well.

Again, I think it's an excellent film - just not without its flaws.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Twin Peaks : The Return
-
Yours is literally the first negative reaction I heard. Many people believe it to be a
masterpiece, often better than the original series, even.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

The Hitman's Bodyguard: What do you get when you combine the talents of both Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson...a hilarious yet very action packed ride as Reynolds must take former arch-enemy Jackson from London to Amsterdam so he can testify against a notorious leader accused of genocide. Reynolds and Jackson play each off extremely well and it left me wanting a hell of a lot more and the action was great!

Final Rating: A

Ging chaat goo si [Police Story 2013 aka Police Story: Lockdown] (Ding Sheng, 2013)
+
Generally improved second half can't make-up for a criminally bad first

I know there was a lot of whining about tom mcshorty playing Reacher but I havent read the books so dont care. Looks fine to me. I ws too tired and havent finished so will go bck later but for me this is just another entertaining Tom Cruise Action Man playing Tom Cruise shoot em up fun.

CHUCK
(2017)

Based on the life of Chuck Wepner, this movie is a funny and insightful look at the rise and fall of the boxer who went the distance against Muhammad Ali and inspired a young struggling screenwriter and actor named Sylvester Stallone to make the iconic movie Rocky.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa