Travel bucket lists, memories and more.

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Rain never bothers me, so I'd be good.
Doesnt bother me either but I do like some sun. Funny thing with Ecuador is you'll be out in the sun, then suddenly people look up and start running. We had no idea why the first time and suddenly got dumped on by rain that lasted 5 minutes, then the sun came back out. After that we always took the cue to bolt for shelter.

Mardin, Turkey. Amazing photo

Don't you love head scarf?

(Still mine from Istanbul)

I was taking pictures of the Blue Mosque, then I saw this group of girl merrily selfie-ing. A gentle wind passed by and shuffled their colorful headscarfs, they laughed and clutch their scarfs. It was a beautiful scene.

Looks pretty cool, El. What was the temp?

The temp was as good as it get: around 24°C with honey sunlight

The temp was as good as it get: around 24°C with honey sunlight
We had perfect weather in Istanbul, then went off exploring. Got pretty chilly in Cappadocia then by the time we got back to Istanbul it was ready to snow. So disappointed we missed it.

That's a magnificent view of the Blue Mosque.

That's a magnificent view of the Blue Mosque.
And a Kangal.

Beanie time

Travel in India. I agree with all of that (especially the bit about constipation) except for the icecream on the side of the road. Probably why I rarely got delhi belly, yet my travel companion would have the squirts every time he ate one. I did try warning him.

http://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/india-fears/?utm_campaign=sub-
continent&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=vivid-asia_blog_india_fears&utm_plasource=sub-continent

And I disagree about the vindaloo. Indians dont make it blow your head off hot for tourists. The brits did that for drunk university students. The only time I had a blow your head off vindaloo was when I kept saying to the waiter - give me a vindaloo that will blow my head off. Big mistake. I couldnt taste anything for a week.

Wake up, dreamers. I shall martyr myself for those of you currently sweltering in summer heat.

http://www.momondo.com.au/inspiratio...ource=facebook

Has anyone been? Mr D hs but I didnt go when I was in UK. Still on my bucket list to enrich my inner pagan.

If I wasn't a poor person I'd love to travel but that takes time and a lot of money lol. It's why I always reply "You going to foot the bills?" to other people who tell me I should travel while I can. Sounds easy enough but you need money to do it. Lots of places around the world I'd love to see of course but traveling is costly. I've already accepted the fact my travel time will likely be limited but places I plan to visit at least once in my lifetime are NYC and LA.

I loved NYC which came as a very pleasant surprise. Amazing city and so friendly.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I loved NYC which came as a very pleasant surprise. Amazing city and so friendly.

Friendly??? In NYC??? Are you sure you were in NYC???

Friendly??? In NYC??? Are you sure you were in NYC???

LOL Pretty sure. The people were incredible. Why do you ask?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
LOL Pretty sure. The people were incredible. Why do you ask?

I live on Long Island, (just outside of NYC), and I hate going into NYC because most people there are so rude.

You must have caught them on a good day.

I live on Long Island, (just outside of NYC), and I hate going into NYC because most people there are so rude.

You must have caught them on a good day.
LOL I must. Or a good month. We found them very hospitable.

OMG Stunning. Bollywood actress Sneha Ullal wishing Eid Mubarak for the end of Ramadan. Putting here because I have an interesting story

Yesterday I was speaking to one of my Iranian friends about ramadan. She said it's hardly practised in Iran anymore; if at all only for 3 days. 1. it's too expensive for the whole month. 2. The government is phasing it out along with other islamic practises according to her family who still live there. Biggest festival in Iran now is New Year's. When things quieten down, She and her aussie husband are moving there to look after her aging parents. I so want to go there.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Been to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Seoul, and Jeju Island. But. I'd love to find a nice depressingly grey stony pebble beach somewhere. That would make me happy.