The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Dorian Gray from A Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.

He sells his soul to be immortal, and his picture ages for him. If he looks at his picture, or his picture is destroyed, he dies.

I haven't read this book actually, but it is on my list.

From the 1891 Oscar Wilde novel The Picture of Dorian Gray, he sold his soul to the Devil for eternal youth. However, a hidden painting of him continues to age and bare the scars of his decadence. This has been made into several films over the years, the best-known being the 1945 version starring Hurd Hatfield, Angela Lansbury, Donna Reed and George Sanders.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

What he said.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Has anyone else read Roger Ebert's review of this film? It's hilarious!

Roger Ebert - The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - * of ****

I read it this morning. Very funny stuff. Check it out!

My review will be out tomorrow.

I loved it!

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I loved it!
You loved the review or you loved the movie?

I still have yet to see it. Even as an avid fan of the graphic novel(s), I'm prepared to expect nothing and enjoy the ride... I typically don't trust Ebert's analysis of "movies that are inherently crap", so I'll stick to what I've been doing and ignore him. As Justice Potter Stewart said, "...I know it when I see it."

The movie.