Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"Only God Forgives" (Ryan Gosling; dir: Nicolas Winding Refn)

I believe that this film is generally ill-received. There was pretty much nothing I liked about it, but that's just me. I worked on & edited a feature film for a friend by which I'd say the same. "Get out of your head!" Remember, there's the audience. That's all.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Ghost in the Shell (director: Mamoru Oshii). I just watched it, and I fell in love with it. It's a work a pure genius in the anime world. Great animation, compelling ideas, great action sequences, and some interesting characters. While the plot is a bit predictable, that does nothing to hide how intelligent this movie is, even if it flies over the heads of most people. 4.5/5 stars: one of my new all-time favorites.

I worked on & edited a feature film for a friend by which I'd say the same. "Get out of your head!" Remember, there's the audience. That's all.
Let's be glad Refn doesn't take such nonsense from people, because I thought Only God Forgives was excellent.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Collateral-7.7/10 . I thought this was a good film. The acting was fine and the visuals were nice too. It was just a tad bit too predictable. Like from the first 5 minutes you have an understanding of where the story is going to go as the film progresses. Still I liked it, Tom Cruise was awesome.

Ghost in the Shell (director: Mamoru Oshii). I just watched it, and I fell in love with it. It's a work a pure genius in the anime world. Great animation, compelling ideas, great action sequences, and some interesting characters. While the plot is a bit predictable, that does nothing to hide how intelligent this movie is, even if it flies over the heads of most people. 4.5/5 stars: one of my new all-time favorites.
Glad you loved GiTS. It's truly a monumental work of art and one of the best movies of the 1990's. It's also an extremely smart science fiction film.

Glad you loved GiTS. It's truly a monumental work of art and one of the best movies of the 1990's. It's also an extremely smart science fiction film.
My friend loves GITS. Have you watched any of the Code Geass,
Samurai Champloo, or Neon Genisis episodes. I've not actually seen any of them but my friend was really into them at one point.

Yeh, I had never watch a O. Russell film before a couple of weeks ago but seen three now (The Fighter and Silver Linings Playbook), all great. This might be my favourite though, really unusual like I say, but it strangely worked.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Samurai Champloo, or Neon Genisis episodes. I've not actually seen any of them but my friend was really into them at one point.

I've seen Samurai Champloo and Neon Genesis Evangelion. I love both of them, even though some of my friends hate Evangelion (I can see where they're coming from though; it is a touch on the pretentious and preachy side at times)

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Iron Man 3, 7-10...I think there should be more Iron Man in the film,but when he is there he owns! I didnt liked only some short parts i forgot them really fast,film is awesome so yea if you didnt watch it!

I have watched NGE but not the other two, I have listed it as one of my favorite TV series of all time, it's certainly a TV series a person has to watch before dying.

However, my pick for the best anime series ever is now PMMM. Haibane Remnei is also superior to any anime series I ever watched besides PMMM.

I've seen Samurai Champloo and Neon Genesis Evangelion. I love both of them, even though some of my friends hate Evangelion (I can see where they're coming from though; it is a touch on the pretentious and preachy side at times)
I find incredible how NGE is such ambitious TV series, it is not entirely a successful series but just it's attempt at greatness is worthy of awe, specially considering how pedestrian nearly all TV series are.

Frankenhood

Synopsis: A pair of bumbling morgue workers with little prospect of winning the local streetball tourney finds their odds suddenly looking up after enlisting the aid of a towering corpse that was resurrected by the local mad scientist. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

My Rating - After 5 minutes I wanted to slit my own throat.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Falling Down- 8.4/10. Great film. Good acting and I love the story as well. It's a dark film but very understandable. I enjoyed it alot.

On the outside looking in.
SILVER STREAK (1976): In the mid-Seventies, Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor (Hollywood's last great comedy team) made this funny, thrill-packed homage to Hitchcock. The celebrated duo would make a total of four films together (five if you count Pryor's writing credit on BLAZING SADDLES), but this is their best. (Out of four: ****)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My favourite Eric Rohmer film, and Eric Rohmer is one of my most favourite directors. It felt like reading Plato's The Republic, with the discussions being somewhat like Dostoyevsky IMO - but all around a psycho-sexual theme which I loved. I loved the simplicity and power of it all. I stayed hooked to the film just by listening to the dialogue alone. It's definitely up there with Belle de Jour.

9.5/10