Overrated Actors

Tools    

Surely, you can see how this would make him overrated? your sentance sums it up fantastically. He is cast not due to his acting ability, but to his popularity that has been derived from a film which in all honesty, yes it was good, but I wouldnt say mind blowing.
The last sentence does not pertain to Johnny Depp. I was referencing the other actors/actresses you mentioned. Calling Depp overrated is fine, but the others? They've never done anything good. That's my point.

Denzel Washington is 57 years old and will turn 58 this year. De Niro does have 11 years on him still. But Denzel isn't exactly young anymore. He just looks young.[/quote]

Wow, I did not realize that at all.

The last sentence does not pertain to Johnny Depp. I was referencing the other actors/actresses you mentioned. Calling Depp overrated is fine, but the others? They've never done anything good. That's my point.
You mean the other actors have never had good performances or been in good movies? Because Jack Black was good in High Fidelity and School of rock and those were good movies. Kristen Stewart was excellent in welcome to the Reillys, and solid in Panic room and Adventureland. And those films were also good. And Keira Knightly has been nominated for an academy award.

IMHO, my most overrated actor is Nicolas Cage. I think that he has a tendency to overact/overplay his role in some of his films. I just find it corny sometimes...

IMHO, my most overrated actor is Nicolas Cage. I think that he has a tendency to overact/overplay his role in some of his films. I just find it corny sometimes...

^^Every dog has his day.^^
Didn't he get good reviews with Moonstruck?

Oh, he's had good reviews with a few films. But that just goes to show how overrated he is, IMO.
So you would prefer Sacha Baron Cohen to play Hans Solo, Indiana Jones, Jack Clancy and Frantic? And The guy out of Witness?

So you would prefer Sacha Baron Cohen to play Hans Solo, Indiana Jones, Jack Clancy and Frantic? And The guy out of Witness?

I actually find Nicholas Cage quite amusing nowadays, his career has literally gone to hell.
(if you don't know what I mean watch the Ghost Rider films & Drive Angry )

I'd like to see a Faux Documentary on the guy.