Television Tab

Tools    

It's a good thing I didn't ask for your opinion before watching it, then.
now! now! Justin lol!

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Caught two episodes of Mrs Brown's Boys last night, and I quite enjoyed it. Very funny, and my parents (who don't like many shows I like) enjoyed it as well.

Apart from the football and tennis I've been watching Grimm, a couple of episodes of Come Dine With Me, three episodes of Friday Night Lights, a couple episodes of Dexter, Hit & Miss, Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond, Simon Schama's Shakespeare, The Soprano's, Elegance and Decadence: The Age of the Regency.

TV Shows I like:

The Sopranos - Seen them all, a masterpiece the best thing I've ever seen on TV although I've still got The Wire boxset to start watching

Lost - Loved it when it was on although last two seasons are a let down compared to first four

Dexter - Seen all 6 seasons so far, season 4 is by far the best and the last season was poor in comparison to the rest, looking forward to the last two now though

Boardwalk Empire - Only had two seasons so far but a fantastic show that I'll be looking forward for season 3.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Watched all the them so far on Netflix, fantastic comedy.

Might have missed some but I think that's it, like I said I need to watch The Wire which I have on DVD then the likes of Breaking Bad, Deadwood etc.

The last few days have included: Bedlam, Dexter, Mad Men, Hitler, Stalin and Mr. Jones, The Six-Million Dollar Con Man, Come Dine With Me, Michael Johnson: Survival Of The Fastest. Along with the usual, of course.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Anyone catch the season 3 premiere of Louie? Easily the most original comedy on TV right now.

Whaaa..?! That was on and I missed it?

and episode 2 yesterday. Which was also great.

Argh.. I thought it was some ways before the 3rd season started up. Oh, well at least I have something to watch now

Have you seen Eastbound and Down?

I keep saying I will, but no, not yet.
It's great. First season is fantastic.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
I've been watching David Lynch's Twin Peaks. Gotta say, I'm loving every minute of it. From the quirky, likeable characters to the eerie atmosphere surrounding the eponymous town. No episode has disappointed me yet.

Y'all seen the Emmy nominations yet? Some great ones.

Personal highlights:
Jon Hamm (Mad Men), Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Michael C. Hall (Dexter) and Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire) all once again nominated for Best Actor in a Drama Series.

Jared Harris (Mad Men) deservedly nominated for Best Supporting in a Drama, along with other favourites Giancarlo Esposito and Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad) and Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones).

Christina Hendricks and Elizabeth Moss pick up nods for Mad Men, and Anna Gunn for Breaking Bad.

Pleasantly surprised to see Don Cheadle and Louis C.K. nominated for House of Lies and Louie, respectively.

Community and Louie for best writing on a comedy series.

Snubs:
Most of the Game of Thrones cast.

Nothing for the final season of House, I would have expected Hugh Laurie to be there again, and was hoping to see Robert Sean Leonard up there as well.

No Louie for best comedy series.

Full list: http://www.imdb.com/emmys/nominations

Finished up season 6 of Dexter and season 5 of Mad Men. I've also been watching: Line Of Duty (very good, I'd certainly recommend it), The Men Who Made Us Fat (again, very good and recommended), Friday Night Lights, The Soprano's, Hot in Cleveland, Nikita (which I'm thinking of dropping but will give another few episodes), The Finder (which was cancelled, so I know there's only one season of this. Ditto The Good Guys), The Newsroom (which, like all Sorkin is good, but too preachy for me. I'll stay with it for the time being, though). Wallander (BBC version. It's been decent with one episode to go) and 2 Broke Girls, (which could be my favourite new programme of the year.) I can't think what else I've been watching, atm.

Sofia Vergara named best-paid TV actress

Sofia Vergara has been named the best-paid actress on TV.

The cash has reportedly come from her salary for playing Gloria Delgado-Pritchett in the Emmy-winning comedy show, a clothing line for Kmart, endorsements and through her production company Latin World Entertainment.

She beat 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' star Kim Kardashian into second place by $1 million (£637,000).

The 40-year-old, Columbian-born star has been on the ascent in recent years. As well as 'Modern Family', she's appeared in recent films including 'The Smurfs', 'Happy Feet 2' and the forthcoming Farrelly brothers comedy 'The Three Stooges'.

Here's who also made the list:

1. Sofia Vergara ('Modern Family') - $19 million (£12 million)
2. Kim Kardashian ('Keeping Up With the Kardashians') $18 million (£11.5 million)
3. Eva Longoria ('Desperate Housewives') - $15 million (£9.5 million)
4. Bethenny Frankel ('Bethenny Getting Married?) - $12 million (£7.6 million)
5. Khloe Kardashian Odom ('Keeping Up With the Kardashians') - $11 million (£7 million)
5. Tina Fey ('30 Rock') - $11 million (£7 million)
7. Mariska Hargitay ('Law & Order: SVU') - $10 million (£6.4 million)
8. Zooey Deschanel ('New Girl') - $9 million (£5.7 million)
8. Felicity Huffman ('Desperate Housewives') - $9 million (£5.7 million)
8. Ellen Pompeo ('Grey's Anatomy') - $9 million (£5.7 million)
http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/sofia-vergara...v-actress.html

Anyone see the Emmy noms?

No Sunny or Louie yet again.. what a joke.