Your views on the talent involved for making these music?

Tools    

Would you say that to do rap music or rock music, which is the one that requires having most talent to do that?

Well i heard ppl saying that you don't need a much talent to be rapper because no instrument playing involved, and rockers must go through a lot to get signed while rappers just need catchy song and they are millionaire instantly.

Your take?

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I think that rap requires more talent when it comes to writing, for sure. It's incredibly difficult to write 16 bars (typically, a single verse contains 16 "bars" - which is 1 to 2 lines that rhyme). Taking that into consideration, most rap songs contain at least 3 verses, so you're looking at approximately 48 to 96 lines that not only need to rhyme, but also need to convey a story.

And then, these rappers need to memorize all of these lines. I guarantee that it is much more difficult to memorize the lines of a rap song than the lines of a rock song.

I grew up on Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, AC/DC, Kiss, and Megadeth. I also listened to Heart, Bon Jovi, and The Rolling Stones. Rock music definitely requires more talent when it comes to singing.

In my heart, though, I know that rap & hip-hop speaks to me on a deeper level than rock ever did. With that said, my opinion on this matter may be a little biased

The best hip hop I know makes fun of hip hop (RJD3, Immortal Technique, Dalek, etc.)
That stuff is great, and I think a lot of talent lies with Mos Def, Talib Kweli, People Under the Stairs, Hieroglyphics, Atmosphere, etc..

Those guys are truly great writers and performers. Equally as difficult as someone whaling on an instrument, but it is all subjective. OP, if you want to look at Soulja Boy and wonder if it's difficult to make a club song, then no, there isn't much difficulty or talent involved. Anyone with equipment can make that stuff. The marketing is much more difficult, I'm sure.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
That stuff is great, and I think a lot of talent lies with Mos Def, Talib Kweli, People Under the Stairs, Hieroglyphics, Atmosphere, etc..
I second that!

In addition, listen to...

TechN9ne (my personal all-time favorite)
XV
Jedi Mind Tricks
Andre Nickatina
The Grouch
Murs
Aesop Rock
Brother Ali
Sage Francis
Jean Grae
Del Tha Funky Homosapien
Canibus
Diabolic
Brotha Lynch Hung

I think that rap requires more talent when it comes to writing, for sure. It's incredibly difficult to write 16 bars (typically, a single verse contains 16 "bars" - which is 1 to 2 lines that rhyme). Taking that into consideration, most rap songs contain at least 3 verses, so you're looking at approximately 48 to 96 lines that not only need to rhyme, but also need to convey a story.

And then, these rappers need to memorize all of these lines. I guarantee that it is much more difficult to memorize the lines of a rap song than the lines of a rock song.
I can tell you for sure that memorization of lyrics of any genre shouldn't be considered because it becomes secondhand. The hard part with hip hop, in terms of hip hop worth mentioning which I think we've landed on early on thankfully, is turning the music into more than a background without taking away from the rap, which to be quite honest is not hard at all if you don't think about it too much. I've done two songs like that, recorded them extremely fast, and just went with whatever came, so from my own experience hip hop is pretty damn easy. The genre has BARELY progressed since it started, so there's a lot of room to move around.

"Rock", on the other hand, is very very developed, and you need to be a lot more honest with yourself during the writing process because 80% of what you write will suck or be unoriginal or merely average, something to that effect, but once you get a truly good song going, it writes itself. I personally add a LOT more layers to my music during the recording because I can hear it, so the writing process goes on up til the recording is finished.

Basically, I'm going to say rock is harder to write for because it's much harder to be original. And I mean bands from today who are able to do it, there's not a single one that is in the mainstream, so what does that tell you about the art that society demands?

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
To me rap is more about message than music. I prefer bands that are musicians first and foremost, like this great retro band

&feature=related