Movie Trade-Off Game, V2.0

Tools    

second of all, i'm pretty sure many other people who have participated weren't from the US either (Iroquis and Nebbit are from Australia i think).
We are

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
so far, we have-

Sexy Celeb
nebbit
Fiscal
ash_is_the_gal
mark f
Dexter Riley
genesis_pig
JayDee (?)

eight so far, seven if Jay doesn't want in. let me see if there's anyone still missing that played previous rounds. anyone want an extra partner if there ends up being an uneven amount of people?

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Sorry to disappoint nebbit but I think I'll sit out for the moment. Definitely something I'd like to join in the near future perhaps but not just now. I recently made a list of about 50 or so films that I want to watch so I'm working my way through that for now.

Sorry!

i lied; there actually is an odd number of people this round, but genesis pig has agreed to pair up with 2 people so it works out.

here it is. i tried to put everyone with new partners the best i could.

Round 4

Group 1
genesis pig
mark f

Group 2
Sexy Celebrity
nebbit

Group 3
Dexter Riley
Iroquis

Group 4
ash_is_the_gal
Fiscal

Group 5
genesis pig
The Usual Suspect

as always, post your reviews here when you are finished.

original post in this thread has been updated with the new round and a link to the Movie Trade-Off Tab Reviews for future reference.

(by the way, mark, i'm going to put up a review of Singing in the Rain; i owe you that review from the last round).

ok, get recommending!

Nebbit, your movie is...

Girls Will Be Girls

Nobody here seems to have seen this great little 80 minute indie flick with a bunch of guys playing women in one of the most hysterical films I've ever seen - and loved - it was my #1 favorite in my Top 100 list (which I have deleted the contents of because I am still reworking it). So, Nebbit, I want you to experience my treasure film - I hope you like it, it took a couple of viewings for me to get into it. Enjoy!

Let me know if you have seen this Ash, and I will pick another film for you.

Fitzcarraldo Werner Herzog

"The story of Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald, an extremely determined man who intends to build an opera house in the middle of the Peruvian jungle."

Here are my picks for Mark, you can pick one which you haven't seen.
If you've seen any of these, let me know I'll pick something else.

Merrill's Marauders (Directed by Samuel Fuller)

or

Tropa De Elite (Elite Squad)

Let me know if you have seen this Ash, and I will pick another film for you.

Fitzcarraldo Werner Herzog

"The story of Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald, an extremely determined man who intends to build an opera house in the middle of the Peruvian jungle."
i have not. thanks, Fiscal, it's added to Netflix. i'll come up with one for you tomorrow!

Nebbit, your movie is...

Girls Will Be Girls

Nobody here seems to have seen this great little 80 minute indie flick with a bunch of guys playing women in one of the most hysterical films I've ever seen - and loved - it was my #1 favorite in my Top 100 list (which I have deleted the contents of because I am still reworking it). So, Nebbit, I want you to experience my treasure film - I hope you like it, it took a couple of viewings for me to get into it. Enjoy!

This looks good Sexy I am now on the hunt for it

Ok I have 2 for you to pick from both Australian, now that is a shock

The Sum of us

I love this movie, Rus is young and handsome in it

or

Spotswood

This is very quirky movie about a shoe factory in Spotswood Victoria, I love all the characters. It has a lot of Aussie stars at the beginning of their careers.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'll go with Elite Squad.

genesis, why don't you pick from The Beguiled (1971), Marathon Man (1976) and Come and See (1985).

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Well even though I'm not taking part I'm still getting a few recommendations here. And I could have taken part perhaps as Fitzcarraldo is actually on my to see list.

I have to say I certainly don't envy genesis pig. Having Mark as a partner must be quite daunting. He seems to have seen everything!!

i had mark last time. it was a wee bit difficult.

well, i hope you'll participate next round. why don't you post your 'want to see' list for reference?

i need to try to recruit more members for the next round. i'm running out of people to partner up.