Reading Tab

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by Yoda
Fiction whores!
Hey, Heavier Than Heaven was NON-Fiction! That was a true story! Also reading the 100% NON-Fiction "A People's History of The United States," by Howard Zinn. That is a fine book. (It does SOUND boring, but believe me, it's an eye opener!) As for fiction, I just read Tishomingo Blues by Elmore Leonard, and The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by Yoda
Fiction whores!

Lewis whore!

>boesman and lena, a play in two acts by athol fugard (for all you non-play-reading whores out there! )

Currently reading Live From New York by Tom Shales. A great book about the history of Saturday Night Live, told through interviews with the cast members and writers. Only compaint: no John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Eddie Murphy or Phil Hartman interviews. There has to be some old ones they could have quoted from!

Watership Down by Richard Adams

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Not exactly. I think Punch has a great taste in avatars. The best part is the way he matches them to his user titles. But yes, this one deserved special attention and admiration. Just because he keeps churning out gold. The Scorsese of the avatar, perhaps.

Thanx. I found the pic on Something Awful.com, and it just cried out to be my new avatar. Anyway, now I wish I'd actually read a book recently since I'm posting on the reading tab, but I don't have the attention span or time to read anymore.

My goal is to read Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T.E. Lawrence. So if anyone wants to buy it for me...

I just started reading A Drink With Shane MacGowan, by Shane MacGowan. It's really funny and shocking. It's a must read for fans of the Pogues or people with a sick sense of humor....

The Ballad of the Sad Cafe by Carson McCullers.

I quite liked it for what it was. Felt like a mix between Our Town by Thorton Wilder and something like To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I like American small town stories.

But that bastard hunchback! My!

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Brilliant and extremely readable. A lot of fun and rather stirring.

£9.99 by Frédéric Beigbeder

In the vein of Nineteen Eighty-Four and A Brave New World and, well, Fight Club and that breed of book, this is the caustic take on the advertising industry [and the rest of the planet] by an ad exec twisted by coke and other such adventures. It is definitely worth the read in terms of style, even if the message [while accurate in some parts] is a very one sided affair. My review can be found HERE.

What? Is no one else knocking off a book per day?

The Adventure Starts Here!
Anyone churning out a book a day can't be a loser. Unless they're all, like, Harlequin Romances or something.

I'm knee deep in reading LOTR. Read it the first time in the early '80s. Finally rereading it. After that it's back to some older classics. Need to finish Les Miserables (was in the middle when I picked up LOTR), then maybe some Jane Austen.

Dunno after that. Probably shift gears entirely and go back to Stephen King (was in the beginning of Bag of Bones a few months ago).

I'm currently one hundred pages into The Cold Six Thousand by James Elroy.

I haven't read L.A. Confidential or any of his other stuff, so it has been a bit of a style shock. But once I got over how staccato and clipped the prose thing is, I've really gotten into it. It definitely works...

Kurt Cobain..............Journals.........................

Scary, sad stuff.....................

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......