Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Update...Alex Billington of FirstShowing.net posted on his twitter that A Disney represenative just emailed him stating that Prince of Persia in 3D news is NOT true... So don't believe it!
Ho hum.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

More ‘Toy Story 3′ casting news

John Lasseter of Disney/Pixar today announced that John Morris, the voice of Andy in both Toy Story and Toy Story 2, is set to return for the 3rd film. Morris, 24, will voice an 18-year-old Andy who is off to college. Lasseter also announced that previous Pixar collaborators Jeff Garlin (Wall-E) and Bonnie Hunt (A Bug’s Life, Monsters Inc., Cars) will also join the cast of Toy Story 3, while Whoopi Goldberg will make her Pixar debut. No word though on what characters they will play.

Source: The Animation Blog

Christoph Waltz joins The Green Hornet

If you’ve seen Inglourious Basterds then you will know who Christoph Waltz is. He stole the show as Col. Hans Landa, and is getting quite a lot of Oscar buzz for the role. Whenever there’s buzz surrounding an actor they always get a lot more movie offers, and according to Deadline Hollywood Waltz has accepted one of them. Apparently he will be playing the villain in The Green Hornet, the same role that Nicolas Cage dropped out of playing last week.

Filming for Green Hornet is currently under-way, so Waltz will probably get to work in the upcoming days or weeks.

Source: Filmonic

Harrison Ford says Indiana Jones 5 is ‘in the process of taking form’

Back in June Shia LaBeouf said that Steven Spielberg had “cracked the story” for Indiana Jones 5 and would be “gearing that up”, and now Harrison Ford has said basically the same, just with a bit more info.

Harrison Ford told France’s Le Figaro (via People) that “the story for the new Indiana Jones is in the process of taking form. Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and myself are agreed on what the fifth adventure will concern, and George is actively at work. If the script is good, I’ll be very happy to put the costume on again.”

Chris Evans talks Fantastic Four reboot

Two weeks ago we heard that 20th Century Fox are gearing up for a reboot of the Fantastic Four franchise and have hired Michael Green (The Green Lantern, Heroes) to write the script. Usually reboots mean that cast members from the previous films won’t be coming back, however Chris Evans spoke to SHH and said that he might do, depending on the director.

“I think it’s great. I’m sure it’ll be a great movie,” Evans said. “They do that with a lot of movies. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later. ‘Batman,’ ‘Superman,’ ‘Incredible Hulk.’ Sometimes it’s a 10-year gap, sometimes it’s five years, sometimes it’s 20 years. I think there’s room to read just the tone in ‘Fantastic Four’ as it was for ‘Batman. You know, ‘Batman’ took on a very cartoony feel towards the end and even in the beginning. It was a lighter movie, even though it was Tim Burton. It was still a lighter film and the newer Batman’s have just been amazing, so I’m all for good filmmaking. If they can go make a good dark edgy ‘Fantastic Four,’ right on.”

But would he reprise the role? “I guess it would depend,” he added. “I mean I’m never against revisiting, well I guess I should say not yet, I’m never against revisiting genres or character types. If I played a doctor in one movie I wouldn’t be against playing a doctor again if the director was the right director. I think at the end of the day you’ve got to work with the directors. I love movies and good movies come from good directors and like I said since there isn’t this massive surplus of films out there, if a good director offers you a chance to make a good movie, you take it even if you say well I just played a character like that. Who cares? You’re a great director. So if ‘Fantastic Four’ got rebooted and Christopher Nolan was going to direct it and said do you want to play Johnny Storm again, I’d be in those blue f*cking tights.”

The Latest On the Live-Action Star Wars Series

Though news is limited on the live action Star Wars show, there is some news about the project stemming from the “Future of Star Wars“ Dragon*Con panel.

First off, pre-production (Writing) will start up soon and run through until “the new year.”

Rumors are saying that since Daniel Logan (Who played Boba Fett in Attack of the Clones) would probably be interested in reprising his role, he might be involved in the project. During the panel, it was stated that we should “… expect news from Daniel’s camp in the not-too-distant future.“ Whatever that might mean.

2012 is roughly looking like the air date for the project.

Source: Screenrant

Gavin Hood Wont Direct Wolverine 2

It seems according to Slashfilm that Gavin Hood will not be back to direct Wolverine 2. In an quote from Slashfilm Gavin reveals;

"I don’t even know if I would be involved. Right now I’m not attached. Nobody’s attached. They’re developing a script and we’ll see where everybody is. I’m hoping to be shooting something next year and I don’t think that ‘Wolverine’ will be ready for next year. I haven’t been approached one way or another. The studio is obviously very cautious.

They want to see how Wolverine does on DVD. Let them develop the script, let’s see what the script looks like, let’s see how the studio feels about the script, how Hugh [Jackman] feels about it and then we’ll take it from there."
The studio is looking at a 2012 release date according to Jackman.

Source: ReelComix

5 New Where the Wild Things Are Movie Images

The New York Times has released 5 New images of director Spike Jonze’s upcoming big screen adaptation Where the Wild Things Are, which hits theaters October 16th.

Source: Collider

Michael Bay Starts Work On Transformers 3

Michael Bay’s official site has the latest on, what else, Michael Bay. Though there’d been some uncertainty over whether he’d return for Transformers 3, it looks like he’s not only doing the next one he’s ready to get back to work.

According to Bay’s blogger he’s meeting with producer Steven Spielberg and Transformers 2 screenwriter Ehren Kruger later this week to brainstorm ideas for Transformers 3. He’s confident that they’ll have all the ideas they’ll need by the end of the week, and you can expect Transformers 3 in theaters in the summer of 2011 or 2012.

The question is, who will be in it? Megan Fox hasn’t exactly had kind words for the fireball loving director. Actually at one point rumor has it that she went so far as to call him Hitler. Ever the gentleman, Bay responded by calling her retarded. Will Megan Fox be back on Michael Bay’s set, or will he find another pair of boobs to wash his Ferrari? He’s Michael Bay. Any ass will do.

Source: Cinema Blend

Thanks jrs the wild things don't look too scary they look cute

Filmmaking duo plot a return to "Silent Hill"

Columbia Pictures has finally officially announced (via The Hollywood Reporter) a sequel to Silent Hill, which will begin production after the completion of Sony Screen Gems' Resident Evil: Afterlife. Screenwriter Roger Avary and Samuel Hadida of Davis Films are returning. No director has been named yet.

Roger Avary and Samuel Hadida of Davis Films are climbing back up "Silent Hill."

The screenwriter and producer have signed on for a sequel to their 2006 video game adaptation.

The original, based on the Konami game, centered on a woman who travels to a desolate town to seek help for her ailing daughter only to find supernatural occurrences taking place there.

Davis Films aims to shoot the movie next year after Resident Evil 4, which it's now prepping.

TriStar released the original Silent Hill, which earned $47 million domestically; the label has not confirmed involvement on the follow-up.

Avary, best known for his work on Quentin Tarantino scripts such as Pulp Fiction, also is penning video game adaptation Return to Castle Wolfenstein for Davis Films.

The deal is one of several projects for Hadida's company. The French-based banner has come to Toronto with two projects -- Michael Bassett's "Solomon Kane" and the Terry Gilliam-helmed The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.

"Kane," based on Robert Howard's early 20th-century pulp novels that blend fantasy and history, screened in the Cannes market in the spring, and Davis Films is hoping for new attention and offers at TIFF. The pic is set to play Wednesday in the Midnight Madness section.

"The cut is basically the same, but a lot of distributors wanted to see it with an audience, which could really affect how a film plays," Hadida said.

Despite the lesser-known cast -- James Purefoy, starring in the title role, is perhaps the best-known name -- the filmmakers believe "Kane" could sell on the brand value of the Howard creation.

"The property is the star," said Paul Berrow, who is producing with Hadida.

"Parnassus" will be released by Sony Pictures Classics following an involved postproduction process that included a stop at Cannes in May.

In addition to the "Resident Evil" franchise, Hadida counts movies such as Good Night, and Good Luck and The Rules of Attraction among his credits.
Source: Bloody Disgusting

Exclusive First Look! Toy Story 3 Teaser Poster

Toy Story 3 is directed by Lee Unkrich and produced by Darla K. Anderson. The highly anticipated 3rd installment in the saga starts playing on June 18th, 2010! Disney Digital 3D in select theatres.

Source: Pixar Planet via Latino Review

'Spider-Man 4' Updates: Kirsten Dunst Confirmed & Same-Day IMAX Release

Today, Columbia Pictures announced some new information regarding the highly anticipated fourth film in the franchise. In addition to confirming the involvement of the previously announced Raimi and Maguire, Columbia notes that actress Kirsten Dunst is officially reprising her role as Mary Jane Watson, whose future with the "Spider-Man" property was previously uncertain.

Additionally, Columbia announced that Spider-Man 4 will hit IMAX theaters on May 5, 2011, the same date as the film's worldwide release.

"The last two 'Spider-Man' releases have been available in IMAX theaters, and we're very much looking forward to our return to a wider IMAX theatre network with this exciting new chapter in the continuing adventures of Spider-Man," said Rory Bruer, President, Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures Releasing. "The addition of so many new IMAX locations will give even more fans of Spider-Man an opportunity to experience the action and adventure in a unique way."

Previously, Sony Pictures heads Amy Pascal and Michael Lynton mentioned that Spider-Man 4 might film in 3-D, citing James Cameron's Avatar as a potential game-changer in the movie scene. While official word of the movie's 3-D component remains to be heard, it's at least a comfort that Spidey will be swinging in IMAX theaters -- even if that was probably a given before this announcement, anyway.

Still, between this news and the prospect of a bigger role for Bruce Campbell, Spider-Man 4 is shaping up to be a pretty exciting film.

Source: MTV

No current plans for a new Superman movie

Two events occurred recently that could potentially kick start work on a new Superman movie. The first was a legal case which meant Warner Bros no longer held the rights to Superman’s origins (they were given back to Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel and his heirs). The case also ruled that Warner Bros. have to put the Superman rights into use by 2011, otherwise they will lose them.

The second event was the formation of DC Entertainment which Warner Bros. created to focus solely on D.C superhero movies. However, despite all this head of DC Entertainment, Diane Nelson, has said that no work on a new Superman movie is taking place.

From MTV:

“We actually don’t have any current plans for Superman,” said Nelson when asked if the new environment (and the recent legal decision regarding the character) made a “Superman” movie more or less likely in the near future… We’ve obviously done a lot of great things behind the property in our history, and it’s a key part of the family, but we don’t have current plans behind Superman,” she said.
These events are recent, so it could take a while before they start thinking about a new movie (and before they realize the rights deadline is upon them). They may have left it a bit too late for a direct sequel, so perhaps a reboot is in order (Yes, another superhero reboot) or perhaps a ‘ten years later’ kind of sequel.

Will Robert Downey Jr. befriend a 6ft tall invisible rabbit?

In an article from Variety about Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln movie (which he still plans to make) is this small nugget of news:

Spielberg is presently focusing on his “reimagining” of “Harvey,” with Robert Downey Jr. possibly playing the man who sees an invisible rabbit.
We heard last month that Harvey would be Spielberg’s next movie, however we haven’t heard any more details, and this is the first time we’ve heard any news on casting since Tom Hanks said he wouldn’t be taking on the role. If Downey Jr. does join the movie we should have confirmation soon as Spielberg aims to begin production early next year.

Harvey is the story of an amiable eccentric, Elwood P. Dowd, and his friendship with a six and a half feet tall invisible rabbit and how this affects every member of his family and his community.

Hulk Smash Iron Man 2 Rumors!

At the beginning of August, rumors surfaced about Ed Norton that said he might be making one wish of many Marvel fans come true in having an appearance in Iron Man 2 as Bruce Banner and possibly The Hulk.

This would have confirmed Norton’s involvement in Marvel’s upcoming slate of films and Hulk’s position on the roster of heroes in The Avengers.

Unfortunately, Norton doesn’t seem to know much about that nor does he have that much to say about it…

MTV News caught up with Ed Norton at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) and asked him about the rumor and if he’ll be in Iron Man 2.

“I heard that. I don’t know where that’s coming from… I am not in ‘Iron Man 2′ to my knowledge.”
Maybe he just doesn’t know yet…

Damn. That sounds like a big “no” but if he was, it's doubtful he’d be allowed to talk about it yet. Robert Downey Jr. had a cameo in his Hulk movie after all - He’s gotta repay the favor!

On that note, we will get to see at least one hero make a cameo and that’s likely Chris Hemsworth who’s of course playing Thor. He and Downey have screentested together and all the upcoming movies will likely have the other main characters make an appearance, building toward their epic team-up.

On the other hand, does Mr. Norton really want to be a part of Marvel’s future after the little issues surrounding the production of The Incredible Hulk? He didn’t seem to enthused about the idea of The Avengers when asked about it a year ago, yesterday. Here’s what he said back then on the topic:

“The minds of Marvel are sometimes opaque,”

“I won’t say [they're] obtuse, but I don’t have any idea what they want to do.”

“They’ve got this notion of collecting the Marvel characters”

“Who knows where they’ll go?”
That didn’t sound promising at all at the time, but since then, things haven’t sound so gloom with all the speculation about a Hulk sequel and possible appearances in the other Marvel films.

The Incredible Hulk director, Louis Letterier, said himself that Hulk and Norton would be a part of The Avengers last July, prior to Ed saying the above. Since then, no one’s been able to confirm or deny his involvement and Marvel President of Production, Kevin Feige has only said there’s a chance he’ll be in The Avengers. It’s pretty confusing that they’ve not decided one way or another or have been able to work something out with Norton.

That being said, Ed’s good at keeping a tight-lip. The last we heard from him on this was the following response during an HBO panel presentation for By the People: The Election of Barack Obama, for which Norton produced.

“I won’t comment on that, just because they keep a pretty tight reign on what they are letting out. I’ll let them say.”
Say what, Ed?

With Thor laying down announcements for its main cast members, Captain America should follow soon as it’s scheduled to release the same summer. By then, we should expect some confirmations on who’s contracted and/or written in for The Avengers movie.

For worried Hulk fans, Louis Leterrier is interested again in making The Incredible Hulk 2 and with Disney’s resources, hopefully they’ll push more films into production at Marvel Studios to make that happen at least. For fun, check out Louis Leterrier’s idea for a set of Avengers films if you haven’t already - it makes for some wishful thinking.

Iron Man 2 opens May 7, 2010 and The Avengers is scheduled to debut May 4, 2012.

Source: Screennrant

First Pics & Video of ‘Red Dawn’ Remake Invade the Web

Here are 5 behind-the-scenes pictures and a video of the upcoming Red Dawn remake. Head over to the website BeforeTheTrailer.com, and you can take a peek at the others here and here.

Red Dawn hits theaters September 24th, 2010.

Source: Before the Trailer