Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Tools    

Hulk Confirmed for Avengers!!!

In a video interview which you can watch below from
&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reelcomix.com%2F1658-Hulk-Confirmed-for-Avengers.html Lou Ferrigno has confirmed that HULK will indeed appear in the Avengers movie and Lou Ferrigno will be involved. This is not a huge shock since we have speculated for awhile now that HULK would be in the movie and even the director has made hints at it. Watch the video below.

&e

Source: Reelcomix

Suspiria Remake Begins Shooting 2010

Rumors of the remake have floated around the past several years now, however, Variety has dropped news that the project still has legs, and David Gordon Green (Pineapple Express) is on board to direct with shooting planned to start in 2010.

/Film has more info, as does the Playlist:

Buried at the bottom of a Variety article about Tilda Swinton is a little teaser nugget that says Green's proposed "Suspiria," remake will be shot sometime in 2010.

It's not a ton of info, but at least further confirms the project that we have heard very little movement on since August 2008 when it was first announced. Green is currently shooting the medieval stoner comedy, Your Highness, in Ireland with Danny McBride and James Franco, and last year there was some doubt whether the rumors of Natalie Portman starring in the remake of Dario Argento's psychedelic horror remake were true. But then Green went on to hire Portman for 'Highness,' so at least some kind of connection was established. Whether she will play the female lead of this new film is not yet confirmed.
Source: Movietome

Is There a "9" Sequel in the Works?

JimmyO from Arrow in the Head recently sat down with the director of the recently released animated flick 9 Shane Acker and here's what he had to say about a potential sequel.

Is there room to continue the story of 9?

I think there is definitely room. I mean, the way we end the film, there is a slight suggestion that it may be a new beginning. And I think we could continue the journey from where we left off and see how these creatures are existing in a world in which the natural environment is coming back and perhaps even threatening them in some way. Do they make the decision to not affect it, or do they try to affect it in some way? And do they still try to hold on to that humanity within them or do they recognize themselves at being machines too and go off on a different trajectory? So there's lots of idea that I think that we could play with and make another story out of.
9 was produced by Timur Bekmambetov and Tim Burton, and is in theaters now.

Source: JoBlo

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im looking forward to the Avengers Movie

Will Smith and Charlize Theron Confirmed for Hancock 2

In the summer of 2008 Will Smith showed off his ability to go days without shaving, act like a jerk and stop trains with his head by starring as the title character in the superhero movie Hancock. The movie had a good box office run, banking over $600 million worldwide; so it’s no wonder that talks of a sequel weren’t too far behind.

While Hancock 2 has been in the pipeline for a minute, what was unconfirmed was whether director Peter Berg would be able to lure Will Smith and co-star Charlize Theron back for the sequel. Theron had talked late last year about her interest in continuing her role as the female counterpart to Smith’s godly hero, but until now, the only confirmed facts were Berg returning as the director and the addition of Adam Fierro and Glen Mazzara as the script writers.

Well, all the fog of uncertainty has been lifted Berg recently talked to MTV News and dropped the following bomb about Hancock 2:

“Everybody’s going to come back for a sequel.”
When MTV pressed Berg a bit about some insider, spoiler-ific information, he let it “slip” that there will indeed be a third superhuman, an all-powerful god that will be introduced in Hancock 2. Nothing like staying true to the first film where they explain that Smith and Theron are the only two remaining old gods in existence, is there? Oh well, anything can happen in a $equel…

So who will we see playing the new god? Berg is being something of a Slick Willy about that:

“We have [someone in mind]. I’m not gonna tell you who, but we have!”
Hancock 2 has no release date and will more than likely have a name change by the time it does.

Source: Screenrant

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Who isn't, man?

John Lasseter talks TOY STORY 3 and CARS 2

Speaking in London’s Leicester Square this morning, Walt Disney Animation and Pixar COO John Lasseter gave a thorough presentation of Disney’s upcoming films. Among the highlights: plot details about Toy Story 3 and Cars 2. Pixar normally shies away from sequels and that policy has proved to be one of their strengths. Lasseter has talked about wanting to make another Toy Story ever since the second one came out.

Cars 2, on the other hand, does not have such a warm and fuzzy backstory. The original came out in 2006 and, since Pixar takes about four or five years to make a film, the sequel was clearly fast-tracked to the top of the queue. Roughly $462 million will do that, especially considering its characters are much more ripe for new adventures than, say, the robots from Wall-E.

Ten years is a long time, even longer in toy-years, but that is how long it has been since Toy Story 2 was released. We know that in Toy Story 3 Andy is heading off to college and, with the exception of Woody, is leaving his toys behind. When the toys are accidentally kicked to the curb they wind up in a daycare centre and it is up to Woody to save them from the most abusive toy-owners on the planet: five-year-olds.

Empire is reporting the big news of the introduction of hedgehog toy with

Shakespearean aspirations with the voice provided by Timothy Dalton (a.k.a. Simon Skinner, James Bond). Whether the appropriately named “Mr. Pricklepants” will be a new friend or a dangerous enemy remains to be seen but either way I cannot wait for a new trailer to hit.

Cars 2 takes Lightning McQueen around the world for the Race of Champions and, for better or worse, he brings his new pit boss Mater (inimitably voiced by Larry the Cable Guy) along for the ride. At some point among the races in Japan, Germany, Italy, Spain, France and England, Mater saves the life British secret agent Finn McMissile, an Aston Martin of course, and finds himself plumb in the middle of some serious international espionage. Everything leads to a finale at London’s Buckingham Palace as McQueen tries to win the Race of Champions and Mater tries to save the day.

Cars 2 is actually the Pixar-directing premiere of Ratatouille producer Brad Lewis and he has certainly expanded the digital canvas for the film. When Cars 2 was first announced I was surprised as it had gained a bit of a reputation as being the weakest Pixar movie. Though the sequel will sadly be without Paul Newman, expanded scope and complexity of the plot does bode well for it.

Both films will be released in Disney Digital 3-D; Toy Story 3 on June 18, 2010 and Cars 2 in time for Summer 2011.

Source: Collider

Edgar Wright talks Ant Man and Pixar

After it was announced that Disney would be consuming Marvel for $4 billion just over a week ago Entertainment Weekly dropped a miniature bombshell by saying that “Pixar is said to already be eyeballing an Ant-Man movie.” Hot Fuzz director Edgar Wright has been developing his Ant Man movie for a few years now, however it took the back seat while he worked on Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Could an animated Ant Man move forward now that Pixar and Marvel both suckle on the same teet? Edgar Wright gave his answer to CHUD:

“I just spoke to Kevin Feige for the first time since I wrapped and we are meeting this week to discuss the next phase. It’s been something that I have worked on for over five years on and off. There’s even a treatment I wrote that dates even further back than that.

It’s true that the character is not considered one of the Marvel brand leaders and that is precisely what excites me about it. I want to make a film inside the Marvel Universe that is something a little different; a genre film within the superhero genre so to speak.

The news that Pixar is involved is not wholly accurate and a little premature to comment on. I love Pixar’s work more than anyone and indeed would love to collaborate with them. I’m not sure though that they would want to do a ’shrinking’ film as a Pixar animation – since Toy Story and A Bug’s Life already cover this territory to some extent. Am guessing that someone just speculated on the ‘bug’ angle and tried to put two and two together.

My spin on Ant Man is very different than a straight superhero origin – and very much live action. At some point in this century, I intend to stop talking about it and make the damn thing.”
Source: Filmonic

Where the Wild Things Are Exclusive Character Banners

Warner Bros. has just released four exclusive character banners from Where the Wild Things Are. This big screen adaptation of one of our fave books ever was directed by Spike Jonze, and stars Catherine Keener, Benicio Del Toro, Forest Whitaker, Lauren Ambrose, Catherine O'Hara, Tom Noonan, Michael Berry and James Gandolfini. Check out the banners below.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Bridges to Star in Coen Brothers' True Grit

Jeff Bridges is in talks to star in Joel and Ethan Coen's remake of True Grit for Paramount Pictures. He last worked with the Coens on 1998's The Big Lebowski. Bridges would play the role that won John Wayne an Oscar for the 1969 original.

The film, which also reunites the Coens with their No Country for Old Men producing partner Scott Rudin, has been redrafted by the brothers to be more faithful to the Charles Portis novel on which the original film was based.

The story centers on a 14-year-old girl who tags along with an aging U.S. marshal, Rooster Cogburn, and another lawman to track the outlaw who killed her father.

Source: Variety
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Coming 2011‎

At the Disney D23 Expo, some new info has been revealed regarding the upcoming fourth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. The studio recently announced the new film’s subtitle as, On Stranger Tides. Pirates is scheduled for release during the summer of 2011, and will feature the return of Captain Jack as played by Johnny Depp. The new title isn’t as catchy as At World’s End, but it will do.

Production on Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is scheduled to begin in the spring of 2010 around April or May. At the moment they haven’t confirmed a director for the feature even though earlier reports had Chicago helmer Rob Marshall up for the job. Since Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom won’t be reprising their roles for the fourth film, Disney is considering On Stranger Tides the first installment of a new trilogy.

Source: ScreenCrave

Wolverine 2 “Will Stay Very Close To The Source Material”

(Image edited from cover of Wolverine: The Anniversary #1)

Fox Studios held a presentation yesterday in LA to show-off the upcoming release of X-Men Origins: Wolverine on Blu-ray and DVD. Producer Lauren Schuler Donner and director Gavin Hood were in attendance to answer some questions about the franchise, adapting the source material and the sequel to Wolverine’s first solo adventure.

The Blu-ray edition for X-Men Origins: Wolverine is set to be something special with the plethora of bonus features it includes. There’s even a live feature that allows viewers the option to see information on the actors on screen while they watch through IMDB. It essentially will let you look at previous & upcoming projects for all of your favorite stars.

You can head over to Latino Review who were in attendance for more information on this and some of the deleted scenes they got to see. We’re instead going to focus on what was said in the Q&A session about X-Men Origins: Wolverine and its sequel, Wolverine 2.

Currently, Oscar-winning writer Christopher McQuarrie is working on a script to adapt the popular ‘80s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller Wolverine series set in Japan. This of course, is where we’ll see Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine go to for his next adventure, as hinted at in one of the bonus ending scenes in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

In the Q & A session of the Fox event, producer Lauren Schuler Donner and director Gavin Hood were asked about how the financial success (not critical success) of the first movie give them liberty to drift away from the source material more or make them follow the source material more closely.

Lauren Schuler Donner:

I think it’s our responsibility to remain true to the source material. There are other influences and other factors that make us deviate from it, the first of which being transcribing it to the screen. We certainly are fully aware of the fan base and try in every way possible to stay close to the source material. I think in ‘Wolverine’ it was a little bit different because there was a lot of different source material, a lot of different legends in Victor Creed’s relationship to Logan and Logan’s background. There were some choices we had to make. Certainly in ‘Wolverine 2,’ in the Japanese saga, we will stay very close to the source material. I think it’s just best that way.
Gavin Hood:

The truth is, what freaked me out a little when I was doing my research was that I was looking for the definitive origin story of Wolverine. And, of course, any of you who know the comics know that doesn’t entirely exist because this guy’s been written about for 40 years by many different writers, different illustrators. Wolverine’s been drawn wearing a yellow spandex suit and he’s been drawn about wearing jeans and a jacket. The truth is, all of these versions are from source material. The origin story of him as a kid and the bone claws happening and the hint that Victor Creed may be his half brother. In the original draft, when we looked at it without him being a half brother, there wasn’t as much emotional connection between the hero and the villain. So we had to make the choices that were right for this movie. That doesn’t mean there aren’t other options that other writers have written. I just prefer to do a movie with him in jeans and a leather jacket rather than yellow spandex. (Laughs)
Next question: there’s so much material to choose from to make 2-hour feature films from, do they look at the modern Wolverine comics for story ideas?

Lauren Schuler Donner:

There are 40 years of material. Chris Claremont, they’re still writing. Chris is writing an amazing series right now where Wolverine’s killed, Storm is the villain. Sure, one day I’d love to do that.
Gavin Hood:

I think that’s the joy of this character. He isn’t just one thing. He’s this great icon that can be played by different people and different people get different [things] out of him in different ways. Everybody has their own interpretation.
Hood’s point raises an interesting idea. Because of Wolverine’s ability to live so long, and because there are so many stories that can be told in the form of movies for the characters, could we see something similar to the James Bond franchise based on the Wolverine character?

Lauren Schuler Donner:

Yes, that would be wonderful. There’s enough comic book material to support it. If we were to make up our own story, which we’ve never talked about, personally I would do it with Chris Claremont. I would stick with the creator.
This is actually an interesting point, because unlike Bond, Wolverine can actually live that long to have that many films made about him. As the years go by, they’d have to find different actors to play him similar to the Bond franchise.

Gavin Hood:

I just think that the Japanese story is so iconic and beautiful and could be so visual. That’s the one and I’m reluctant to talk about others because I know Len [Wein]’s writing others now. And honestly, here’s the truth: if the Japanese story works, there might be another sequel. And if it doesn’t, there won’t be. You can get ahead of yourselves by sort of stirring up rumors of what might be. I’m not going to even go there.

I don’t even know if I would be involved. Right now I’m not attached. Nobody’s attached. They’re developing a script and we’ll see where everybody is. I’m hoping to be shooting something next year and I don’t think that ‘Wolverine’ will be ready for next year. I haven’t been approached one way or another. The studio is obviously very cautious. They want to see how Wolverine does on DVD. Let them develop the script, let’s see what the script looks like, let’s see how the studio feels about the script, how Hugh feels about it and then we’ll take it from there.
Hood’s last response above mentions that there are other stories being written by Len Wein - he wrote the Watchmen video game and has written a bunch of TV stuff, including a few episodes of the X-Men animated series of the nineties.

For the full question and responses, head over to Latino Review.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is available on DVD and Blu-ray with 4 different editions on September 15th.

Shia LeBeouf, Oliver Stone and Frank Langella Take Wall Street 2 To Central Park

Filming got under way on Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps in New York City this week and already some photos have surfaced online of director Oliver Stone and stars Shia LeBeouf and Frank Langella doing their thing in Central Park.

The website AccidentalSexiness has just posted 17 images from the September 10th Central Park shoot of “Wall Street 2″. The scenes filmed in the park involved Shia LeBeouf, who plays the sequel’s young protagonist, and Frank Langella, as LeBeouf’s mentor. Here are just a few ....

Source: Collider

Warner Bros. and He-Man part ways

We haven’t heard much on the He-Man movie for a while, and now we know why. In January Kung-Fu Panda director John Stevenson was hired to direct the movie under the name Masters of the Universe. Then in May Warner Bros. hired a new writer to work his magic and changed the film’s title to Greyskull. Now Variety are reporting that Warner Bros. have decided to let the project go.

Mattel and WB didn’t see eye to eye over the direction of the project and made a mutual decision to let the option lapse this month. Story revolves around He-Man, a prince who becomes a warrior battling the evil Skeletor for control of his magical homeland.

Mattel will take back the property and set it up elsewhere. The expectation is that director John Stevenson (”Kung Fu Panda”) will remain with the project, but not Silver, who is exclusive to WB.
Apparently Warner Bros. saw the movie as a “gritty fantasy”, and this could have been why they didn’t see eye to eye with Mattel. Most likely mattel would have wanted it to make it more kid friendly so they could sell more toys. That’s their whole business plan after-all. Hopefully another studio will pick it up and do it justice, because it could be quite epic if done right.

A Description of New Moon's New Trailer

The line of Twilight Saga fans hoping to see the films' stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner -- not to mention New Moon's new extended trailer -- in person during this weekend's MTV's Video Music Awards is no doubt already forming. To help fill the hours between now and Sunday, September 13, at 9:00 pm ET, when the event kicks off, Dread Central has a detailed synopsis of what they (and the rest of us) can expect to see.

As reported by MTV..
The newest trailer is being shown before screenings of Sorority Row (out today), but an extended version will also be exclusively shown at the VMAs on Sunday, presented by Pattinson, Stewart, and Lautner. Most of the clip is set in Italy at the end of the film, when Bella is (spoiler!) trying to stop Edward from killing himself by turning himself over to the Volturi.

But there is much more to the trailer than just Alice's shiny yellow Porsche. The element that will probably get the most people excited is the inclusion of Dakota Fanning as the evil vampire Jane (only briefly glimpsed in the last trailer), who has the power to create illusions of pain.

The new trailer opens up with a shot of her in Volturi garb and then shows the rest of the Volturi guard before revealing Michael Sheen's Aro — the head of the Volturi — snapping a poor human's neck.

The trailer then hits lightly on Edward breaking up with Bella and the heartbreaking shot of her lying bereft on the forest floor. But it quickly moves on to Bella seeing a vision of Edward with his car at Forks High, and then we see Jacob comforting her after the fact. One of the locations the twosome are sitting at is the movie theater in the scene Mike Welch and Taylor Lautner fought so hard to keep in the film.

Director Chris Weitz showed how he kicked the CGI up to the next level by including clips of Bella trying to outrace visions of Edward on her motorcycle and a lot more of the cliff jump than was showed in "Meet Jacob Black." It is almost a work of art as Bella is floating under the water and sees Edward hovering upside down next to her after her jump. When an arm comes to pull her out of the water, she reaches out to touch Edward, and the illusion gets muddled and washed away.

The rest of the trailer revolves around Alice telling Bella about Edward's plan, Bella's epic run to save him, hints of some abs as Edward prepares to walk shirtless into the sunlight and some shots of the Volturi looking ready to kill spliced with a full wolf pack transformation. Bella's token line "No, Edward, don't!" is thrown in for good measure, and the trailer ends on a high note, with Jane stating, "This may hurt just a little.
Source: Dread Central

Matt Damon Talks Bourne 4

Since 2007’s Bourne Ultimatum, fans of super spy Jason Bourne have been waiting patiently for the next installment of the critically acclaimed franchise. Unfortunately, for months, all we’ve gotten out of director Paul Greengrass and star Matt Damon is that the movie is “being worked on” and that they “have a story, but not a script.” Luckily, thanks to Steve Weintraub over at Collider, we have a little bit more information on the film that indicates the possibility of the movie moving along sooner than you think.

At a press conference for Damon’s new film, The Informant, Weintraub asked the Academy Award-winner about the project. I’ve excerpted some of Damon’s answers below. For the full interview, go here.

On the likelihood of filming Bourne 4:

“We love the character and we would love to do another one…but we are really serious about trying to get the story and the script right because the only thing more disappointing than not having another one of these movies is, for us or for movie fans is would be to make one that isn’t good. Because everyone would say, “they should have quit after three”. And we’d feel that way too.”
On whether or not he’s read any of the scripts for Bourne 4:

“Not yet…He [Paul Greengrass] hasn’t had a break literally since he did “The Bourne Supremacy” - which is six years ago now. [After his break] he said he’d come to New York and we’d sit down and we’d talk seriously about it.
Damon hit it right on the head. If the script is no good, there is no reason to produce an additional sequel that would only demean the franchise. That being said, it is good to see that there is still a definite interest on both of their parts to keep the franchise alive. Few films in the last 10 years have combined intelligent and creative storytelling with impressive action quite as successfully as the Bourne franchise.

In addition to the Bourne franchise, Damon and Greengrass recently worked together on the war film, The Green Zone. By the time that film comes out (March 12th, 2010), we’ll have a much clearer picture on where Bourne 4 stands, as well as which one of the two parallel scripts they end up using.

Bruce Campbell to have a ‘major role’ in Spider-Man 4?

Bruce Campbell, being a friend of director Sam Raimi, was given three small (but memorable) roles in each "Spider-Man" film. He played the ring announcer in Spider-Man, a snooty Usher in Spider-Man 2, and the waiter who tried to make Peter Parker’s proposal to Mary Jane run smoothly in Spider-Man 3. With Spider-Man 4 on the way it was expected he would be returning in some form, and Campbell recently revealed that he will be. Just in a bigger way.

“Spider-Man 4” will start shooting in January 2010, Bruce Campbell told Access Hollywood at his “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs” premiere on Saturday.

The actor, who has a long relationship with director Sam Raimi via his lead role in the “Evil Dead” trilogy, made memorable cameos in the first three “Spider-Man” films.

However, he may have a bigger role this time around. Bruce told Access that in the next installment in the superhero franchise, he’s been told he has a major part – but didn’t yet know anything about his character.

The villain – or villains — for the movie have yet to be revealed, though some fans have speculated that Bruce could take on the role of Mysterio – the master of illusion.
Let the speculation begin!

Disney To Release Prince of Persia in 3D

JoBlo came across a poster promoting upcoming Disney Digital 3D releases while walking around the floor of Disney’s D23 fan convention. The big surprise — Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time was listed on the line-up. Disney reps confirmed that the film would be released in Digital 3D in addition to the regular 2D release. The film was not shot in 3D however, and is being converted in post production.

This isn’t the first time that producer Jerry Bruckheimer has made this decision. The family action-adventure film G-Force was converted to 3D after the fact, but most of the film’s creatures were computer generated, which makes things a bit easier.

Source: /Film