Reading Tab

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
Oh Silver, leave it alone....

I read Elle magazine cover to cover today. There were some good articles. I especially enjoyed the one about all the confusion and mystery surrounding Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez's death. That was interesting.
I also read about some upcoming movies that might be exciting to wait for:
Tadpole ~stars Sigorney Weaver as this kid's step mom, I guess he kinda developes a crush on her. Looks good.

Secretary~ James Spader stars as a woman's boss that turns her on to some mild S&M and submission. Quite eyebrow raising and won the coveted Judge's Choice award at Sundance.

and

Full Frontal~ Eh, everyone knows about it, bit I'm still jacked.

Sadie, check out my thoughts on Tadpole... HERE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike
Sadie, check out my thoughts on Tadpole... HERE.
Thanks. I must have missed that. It didn't get any replies, so it quietly disappeared. I posted on it, though.

Beware the Moon
If Chins could Kill - Confessions of a B Movie Actor by Bruce "Ash" Campbell. I don't usually bother with biographies but this one is a must. Most of it is really funny you wouldn't believe what they guy has gone through in the past, you've got to respect the guy.

The surreal and eclectic foreward by the Raimi brothers is a good start........even if it is essentially pointless and quite bizarre.

Originally posted by Logan
If Chins could Kill - Confessions of a B Movie Actor by Bruce "Ash" Campbell. I don't usually bother with biographies but this one is a must. Most of it is really funny you wouldn't believe what they guy has gone through in the past, you've got to respect the guy.

The surreal and eclectic foreward by the Raimi brothers is a good start........even if it is essentially pointless and quite bizarre.
I loved, loved, loved that book. I agree that it's highly recommended, especially for Evil Dead fans.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I HIGHLY reccomend this book. It's brilliant, sick, scary, and funny as all Hell.

"Jesus does pretty well in America, but someone saw him hitch-hiking in Afganistan and nobody gave him a ride."

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
by Stephen R. Donaldson

Books I-IV

Lord Fouls Bane
The Illearth War
The Power that Preserves
The Wounded Land
The One Tree
White Gold Wielder

If you love the LOTR, you'll love this 6 book series.

The Prentice Hall Anthology of Science Fiction and Fantasy by: Garyn G Roberts

Originally posted by Yoda
Two more Bunny-recommend articles (I'm starting to wonder if she has a job. )
Officially off until the 8th.. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

Just finished (literally--"just" as in this morning) Brady Udall's The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint. And it was f*cking incredible.

So f*cking incredible that I nearly sh*t my pants.

That's how incredible.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Currently half way through Choke, by Chuck Pahlaniuk. Easily my favorite author, and this one is just unbelievably sick and funny.

Also still reading The People's History of The United States by Howard Zinn. Not nearly as boring as it sounds. Actually a damn fine book.

Right now I'm reading:

The Return of The King by JRR Tolkien

The original Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

ive Me Liberty by (A biography of Patrick Henry)

Tolkien's Ordinary Virtues (About the books)

That Hideous Strength by Clives Staples Lewis (The third book in the Space Trilogy)

Most of these are recomended by my Dad. I think Chris is reading The Return of The King and That Hideous Strength, too.
These Frikkin rock!

A novel adaptation.
I read Red Dragon, and Nietches' "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" this week.

Red Dragon was wonderful, and I most definitley reccomend it.