Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
16, tomorrow, ya know the age where you're getting tired of everyone calling you a kid, when you can legally drive a car on your own.

16, tomorrow, ya know the age where you're getting tired of everyone calling you a kid, when you can legally drive a car on your own.
Well happy birthday there kiddo! Just buggin'.

16 is a great age though, doing anything big?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

No, my cousin died from "self-inflicted wounds" Monday morning and no ones in a real celebitory mood.

It's alright, I'll make it through, it'll just be hard, but I'll make it through.

Full Rec 2 Trailer Goes Live!

Courtesy of Shock Till You Drop, the Full Rec 2 trailer is now online and you can check out the creepy goodness right here. Soon playing at the Toronto International Film Festival, Rec 2 hits theaters nationwide October 9th.

Source: Shock Till You Drop

Tron: Legacy Gets a Release Date

Walt Disney Pictures has set a December 17, 2010 release date for Tron Legacy. The move puts the highly-anticipated film up against Sony's The Green Hornet and The Smurfs, as well as Warner Bros.' Yogi Bear

Tron Legacy is directed by Joseph Kosinski and stars Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, Bruce Boxleitner, James Frain, Beau Garrett and Michael Sheen.

In the 3D adventure, Sam Flynn (Hedlund), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn (Bridges), looks into his father's disappearance and finds himself pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 25 years. Along with Kevin's loyal confidant (Wilde), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.

Source: Coming Soon

Antonio Banderas Talks Puss In Boots Spin-Off

A few months ago it was reported that the upcoming Shrek spin-off movie featuring Puss in Boots (voiced by Antonio Banderas) would be an origin story. It said that it would deal with the early years of the feisty feline, and we learned that it would feature new characters (meaning no Shrek, no Princess Fiona and no Donkey).

However, thanks to Latino Review, we get word that the above may not be entirely the case. El Guapo from LR got a chance to talk to Banderas at a junket for his new movie, The Other Man, where he asked the actor about how the Puss in Boots movie was going. On top of revealing an apparent new Halloween special featuring the character, Banderas revealed that the spin-off will take place between Shrek 4 and 5.

So how can Puss in Boots be an origin story if it doesn’t take place before his first appearance in Shrek 2? As Latino Review notes/asks - will the character’s origin be told in the form of flashbacks?

With regards to the aforementioned Halloween special, Banderas spoke of a new one to air not this Halloween but next. Latino Review says they might have picked Banderas up wrong, and he may actually have been referring to the upcoming Shrek Halloween special, Shrek or Treat. It SOUNDS more like a new special, but no way to tell for sure yet.

Puss in Boots is slated for a March 30th, 2012 release.

Source: Screenrant

Beavis & Butthead to Possibly Return

Mike Judge, the filmmaker behind such (instant) classics as "Office Space", stopped by the Cinema Blend headquarters this week to chat up his latest film Extract starring Jason Bateman and Ben Affleck. Almost by accident, the conversation turned to Judge's work on "Beavis & Butthead" with the filmmaker admitting that we might not have seen the last of the yellow-skinned nutters.

''I don't ever want to close the door on that, but it seems like a couple of times when I've done interviews and say I've thought about, I go on the internet and see a headline that says I'm starting on the sequel. If I did do another movie, I wouldn't think of it as a sequel, it's just another'', says Judge. ''I don't think of the Cheech and Chong movies as sequels. If they didn't take so long-- it would take at least two years, and I haven't had two years to spare in a while. It is fun to do again. I worry that as I get older my voice is going to change, so I don't sound the same. But it was fun doing this one''.
Judge says occasionally he'll get an idea for a Beavis and Butthead Do America follow-up.

''A while back, I was thinking, God it would be so fun to just have them working tech support. They're the guys you get when you call. I started writing stuff down. The guy who I co-wrote the first draft of Idiocracy with, Etan Cohen, the whole time we were working on that script, we kept getting distracted thinking of Beavis and Butthead stuff. He was buying a new car, going through that process, and they started writing something about them wandering on a lot and trying to buy a Mercedes.''
For more on Judge's very-tentative sequel plans, click here.

Source: Moviehole

Full Synopsis for Overture's 'The Crazies' Remake

Overture FIlms has provided Bloody Disgusting with the long synopsis for their forthcoming The Crazies, their remake of George A. Romero's classic horror film from 1973 that stars Timothy Olyphant, Radha Mitchell, Joe Reegan, Danielle Panabaker, Joe Anderson and Justin Welborn. Directed by Breck Eisner, the film is slated for release on February 26, 2010.

Imagine living in a small town where everything is safe and happy…until suddenly it isn’t. Imagine your friends and neighbors going quickly and horrifically insane. In a terrifying tale of the “American Dream” gone horribly wrong, four friends find themselves trapped in their hometown in The Crazies, a reinvention of the George Romero classic directed by Breck Eisner from a screenplay by Ray Wright (Pulse, Case 39) and Scott Kosar (The Amityville Horror, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre).

David Dutten (Timothy Olyphant) is sheriff of Ogden Marsh, a picture-perfect American town with happy, law-abiding citizens. But one night, one of them comes to a school baseball game with a loaded shotgun, ready to kill. Another man burns down his own house…after locking his wife and young son in a closet inside. Within days, the town has transformed into a sickening asylum; people who days ago lived quiet, unremarkable lives have now become depraved, blood-thirsty killers, hiding in the darkness with guns and knives. Sheriff Dutten tries to make sense of what’s happening as the horrific, nonsensical violence escalates. Something is infecting the citizens of Ogden Marsh…with insanity.

Now complete anarchy reigns as one by one the townsfolk succumb to an unknown toxin and turn sadistically violent. In an effort to keep the madness contained, the government uses deadly force to close off all access and won’t let anyone in or out – even those uninfected. The few still sane find themselves trapped: Sheriff Dutten; his pregnant wife, Judy (Radha Mitchell); Becca (Danielle Panabaker), an assistant at the medical center; and Russell (Joe Anderson), Dutten’s deputy and right-hand man. Forced to band together, an ordinary night becomes a horrifying struggle for survival as they do their best to get out of town alive.
Source: Bloody Disgusting

‘Star Trek’ Getting IMAX Re-Release

At 100 IMAX locations, you will have the opportunity to check out J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek if you didn’t jump at the chance back when the film was released back in May. According to Variety, beginning this Friday, September 4th, Star Trek will be re-released in IMAX theaters across the country for two weeks. However, be sure to check movie times before running out to see it at your local, IMAX theater. It will not be playing full schedules.

When Star Trek was released on May 8th, it was only allowed a two-week run at IMAX theaters. The release of Night at the Museum 2: A Night at the Smithsonian pushed it out of theaters short of the typical, four-week run. Now, with Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince fulfilling its IMAX run, the high definition theaters will make way for ‘Star Trek’ to finish the Summer strong.

Star Trek pulled in $383 million worldwide. It currently sits at #5 on the domestic charts for 2009.

Source: We Are Movie Geeks

Your article said they were is what Iro was getting at I think.