Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Tools    

Will we be getting Iron Man 2 in 3D?

According to AICN Paramount and Marvel are apparently considering converting Iron Man 2 into 3D for it’s release.

Right now, there is a 1 minute demo of IRON MAN 2 converted to high quality digital 3D. I’m told this one minute is totally like Kim Basinger & Mickey Rourke in 9 1/2 WEEKS. HOT! Crazy Hot! Right now the Suits at Marvel & Paramount & now also Disney are considering this 1 minute.

At the same time that this is happening, they are fishing for bids with 3 different companies to see what the cost and time it would take to convert IRON MAN 2 to a complete 3D film. This same process is being done to Tim Burton’s ALICE IN WONDERLAND – but if this comes to pass. What will this mean for the rest of Marvel’s slate leading to THE AVENGERS? Will THOR & CAPTAIN AMERICA also go through this process? Or will they be shot from the get go in 3D.
If this turns out to be true it will no doubt please 3D fans. Alot of movies in the future (big movies anyway) will be converted into 3D to give people the option of either 2 dimensions or 3. The conversion can be quite costly, but if people decide to see the movie in both 2D and 3D then they shouldn’t have a problem making their money back.

Source: Filmonic

30 Days Of Night Sequel Shooting In October

It was more than two years ago that it was first reported of a pending sequel to 30 Days of Night. They’ve taken their sweet time about getting it done but tonight Bloody Digusting was able to confirm that not only is it happening, they’re shooting it this October in Vancouver, BC.

The main human character, Stella Oleson will return, but she’s being recast. Melissa George won’t be back to play her. This time instead of one of the few survivors of an Alaskan town suddenly attacked by a ravenous horde of bloodthirsty vampires, she’s actually one in a group of vampire hunters. They’re out for revenge. The story was written by Steve Niles and Ben Ketai, who also wrote two 30 Days of Night webseries. Ketai is also directing.

No word yet on whether this is actually a theatrical release, or some sort of direct-to-DVD.

Source: Cinema Blend

First Look at The Host 2!

Twitch
is reporting that The Host 2 is likely to feature a different cast and will serve as a prequel to the first movie. Read on for further details and a possible first look at the sequel's creature.

What’s new about the entire ordeal is that 1) all CG-related work will be done in Korea (unlike the original, where Orphanage was responsible for that), and the government - through the KOCCA (Korea Creative Content Agency) - will fund the project with over 1.8 billion won spread over 2 years, as part of its Global Project funding policies. But we also have a little appetizer. It’s just a simple image of our little monster (one of them, as this prequel will feature more than one) having some fun in the streets of Seoul, but it’ll suffice for now. Still no word on any release date.

Source: Dread Central

The Three Musketeers To Get The 3D Treatment

Will anything be safe from the 3D makeover? With the way things are going, it doesn’t look like it. We learn today that Paul W.S. Anderson (Death Race, Event Horizon) will direct a new adaptation of Alexandre Dumas’ The Three Musketeers - in 3D no less. He has co-written the script with Andrew Davies (Bridget Jones’s Diary), a script which is said to “modernize” the musketeers.

This new adaptation of The Three Musketeers can be assumed to have nothing to do with the one we heard about last June, which was planned at the time by Millenium Films. This one is being produced by Impact Pictures’ Jeremy Bolt and Constantin Film’s Robert Kulzer (both companies are financing the project), with Anderson himself co-producing.

There has been many-an-adaptation of The Three Musketeers over the years, with cinematic visions of the classic story stretching all the way back to 1903. Notable examples include the 1948 Gene Kelly/Lana Truner/Vincent Price version; the 1973 Michael York/Oliver Reed version; and the 1993 Charlie Sheen/Kiefer Sutherland/Chris O’Donnell version.

Anderson knows Davies from their time at the University of Warwick in England, with Anderson a student and Davies a tutor. Anderson sought out Davies to co-write The Three Musketeers with him because he knew the project needed, “a script that was strong in character and romance to complement the action.” Anderson says that the film is aimed to have a contemporary feel, without ditching the (essential) period setting:

“We are definitely modernizing ‘The Three Musketeers’ without compromising the fun of shooting a period piece… But in our film, corsets and feathered hats don’t take center stage. Our version is rich in eye-popping action, romance and adventure.”
Anderson hopes to start shooting The Three Musketeers sometime next year in France and Germany, with a tentative 2011 release being eyed.

Source: Screenrant

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The Three Musketeers To Get The 3D Treatment
Since everyone is trying to get creative with the placement of 3-D in the title, I'm pretty sure someone will pitch:

The Three-D Musketeers
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I'm proud I'm not the only one who thought that.

Anyone else seen the term "3D" so often over the last month or so that it's actually making them feel a little bit sick now? Nope. Just me then.
Yeah, it's gettin overboard every movie these days is gettin the 3-D treatment it seems. And not every movie deserves to be in 3-D. Just cause a movie would so called "look cool" in three dimension, or it's a cool movie and 3-D is "neat" feature... doesn't mean the two would always go together.

There are limits to 3-D. and to say Star Wars or Lord of the Rings or etc.. is pushing it. Look back at the history of 3-D. Films that were meant for it were films that literally had things coming at you. That was what 3-D was meant for. Then they moved towards stuff like just having 3-D just so things can be ..well..just three dimensional.

I was appalled and embarressed when NBC did that 3-D episode of Chuck. The glasses didn't even work , and like only one or two scenes in the one hour long 3-D crap fest were even worth being in 3-D at all. (sort of).

I could go on about this but lemme just say, I have yet to see a well made 3-D feature film nowadays. A movie deserved to have the 3-D moniker. Avatar I hope is the one.

Guy Ritchie to direct Lobo

Warner Bros. may be having trouble getting their most popular D.C characters such as Wonder Woman and The Flash onto the big screen, but at least that are managing to develop movies of lesser known comic characters. As well as The Losers (which is currently filming) and Jonah Hex. Warner Bros. will be making a movie of Lobo, and have hired Guy Ritchie to direct.

From Variety:

Ritchie will make the film his follow-up to “Sherlock Holmes,” the Silver-produced pic that stars Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law and Rachel McAdams. Warner Bros. opens it Christmas Day.

Production on “Lobo” begins early next year. The character originated in 1983 in “Omega Men,” written by Roger Slifer and Keith Giffen. Lobo has had several comicbook incarnations. In the film, he will be an indestructible, blue-skinned, 7-foot-tall and heavily muscled antihero who drives a pimped-out motorcycle and lands on Earth in search of four fugitives bent on wreaking havoc. Lobo teams with a small-town teenaged girl to stop the creatures.

WB is aiming for a PG-13 rating. Pic will be strong on visual effects, and Ritchie is expected to bring the irreverent, gruff tone of his past films such as “Snatch” and “Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.”
Source: Filmonic

Pg-13 Lobo? No no no...

Actually by the time it's released I'll be 18 or 19. Ya know I'm not the 10 year old behind the keyboard you think I am.

I forgot all about Lobo. Guy Ritchie and a PG-13 rating, should be a winner...
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I was being sarcastic with my remark.
Or just being an asshat, one of the two.

Fox readies for 'Big Momma's House 3'

Fox may be ready for more Momma as the studio has tapped Randi Mayem Singer (The Tooth Fairy) to pen Big Momma's House 3.

Logline's under wraps for the second sequel, with New Regency and David Friendly attached to repeat their producing duties from the first two pics.

The original Big Momma's House, starring Martin Lawrence as an undercover agent and master of disguise, grossed $174 million worldwide in 2000 while Big Momma's House 2 pulled in another $138 million in 2006.

Source: Variety