Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Tools    

First Look At Narnia's Dragon-Headed Dawn Treader [Updated]

Thanks to Coming Soon we now have finished pics of the Dawn Treader..

You can head on over to Cine Fools for more shots of the Dawn Treader, including the “dragon’s head” masthead and the “dragon’s wing” flaps which will eventually be attached. For a gallery of the finished ship, head on over to Coming Soon. It’s looking Pretty cool.

For those who don’t know: Voyage of the Dawn Treader is the fifth book (chronologically speaking) in C.S. Lewis’ Narnia series. It takes place about three years after the events of Prince Caspian (the fourth book) when Edmund, Lucy and their cousin, Eustace, are once again pulled into Narnia, this time landing aboard Caspian’s sea vessel, the titular Dawn Treader. Caspian, now king of Narnia, is honoring his oath to find the seven lost lords of Narnia at the edge of the world, so Edmund, Lucy and Eustace tag along for the voyage.

As far as the Narnia books go, Dawn Treader is by no means the most popular - but the plot does leave plenty of room for an entertaining adventure fantasy. That is, if 20th Century Fox can do the movie proper, now that the studio has taken over the Narnia series from Disney. We’ll see.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader is due in theaters on December 10, 2010.

Source: Cine Fools and Coming Soon via Screenrant

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Trailer For Toy Story 3D Double Feature

&
You already posted this a long time ago...

Why not just edit the original post?

Well posting the same news story twice, a month apart sounds kind of stupid. Don't you agree?

It's not that, it's two posts saying the same exact thing. It just kind of seems like rep fishing me to me. Oh well.

New Halloween 2 Photo

In this new photo, Laurie Strode (Scout Taylor-Compton) recreates a scene from the 2007 remake. The person bound in the chair is Annie (played by Danielle Harris). Halloween 2 will arrive when the film opens on August 28.

Source: IGN via Shock Till You Drop

Peter Jackson May Direct A Third Hobbit Movie

A crazy, hopeful, wonderful sounding batch of Hobbit movie rumors have surfaced today on the site Marketsaw. Peter Jackson may be headed back to Middle Earth!

Their report from vague, anonymous sources claims that The Hobbit is going to be three movies instead of the two originally announced and, here’s the best part, Peter Jackson will put on his Hobbit feet and direct the middle film! Guillermo del Toro would still direct the first movie and the final film, but Jackson would be in charge of what they’re calling “the bridge” movie. It’s not entirely clear what this “bridge” movie would be, they were already stretching to come up with two films from the material in The Hobbit and Del Toro’s other film was supposed to scrap up ancillary material for a story involving Aragorn.

For now it’s really all wild speculation. Though MarketSaw insists they have a trustworthy source they’re also quick to point out that it’s still early in The Hobbit making process and things can change.

Source: Cinema Blend

Is District 9 Getting a Sequel?

Over the weekend District 9 made $37 million at the US box office and has earned another $7 overseas. As the film was made for only $30 million it’s safe to say it will make a nice profit, especially as it has yet to open in places such as the UK, France and Germany. Combine the numbers with positive reviews and the words ‘hit’, ’success’ and ’sequel’ start to pop up. Directer Neill Blomkamp spoke to Fangoria about the possibility of a sequel a few days before it’s release, and it looks like he’s up for one.

“I’d love to make a sequel, because it’s so creatively rewarding to me; there’s just something about [the story],” the South African-born Blomkamp told Fango of his debut feature, in which aliens have been living alongside humans for the past 28 years in Johannesburg—albeit confined to a shantytown slum. “It’s my background mixed with the science fiction that I loved. I’d really like to go back to the world of DISTRICT 9—which, without Sharlto’s character, would be a very different kind of movie. So I think automatically the two of us will be reunited again, should the public decide that this film is something they want to see and it’s successful.”
Producer Peter Jackson was also asked about a sequel (pre-release) and he says he’d only want to make a sequel for the right reasons:

“We’re superstitious,” Jackson, who produced the film, told MTV News at the time. “Sitting down and talking about sequels when you haven’t even released the movie is, I think, tempting fate. We’ll get the film released, see how it does.”

“I believe movies should come from the heart, and if there’s any sequel or continuation of ‘District 9,’ it should only be because there’s a good idea involved, not because it’s a money-making venture,” Jackson said.
Source: Filmonic

Previously Unseen Halloween 2 Footage In Unused Trailer

Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 is coming on August 28, just in time to usher you out of your summer haze and give you one last chance to turn off your brain before seeing real movies again. And while the movie has been promoted heavily in trailers and TV spots for months, critics won't be seeing it, so you won't be hearing too many secrets from the film until opening day.

Bloody Disgusting got their hands on an unused, very long trailer for the film, which includes lots of previously unseen footage and some clever editing. A definite "must watch"!

To view the trailer click here. Enjoy!!!

Director Peter Berg talks Hancock 2‎

Peter Berg, director of the superhero movie Hancock, has some ideas for a sequel if one ever comes to pass, and he shared his ideas with SCI FI Wire.

At the end of last year's Hancock, it was revealed that Will Smith's superpowered character was actually an immortal god who became vulnerable only when in the presence of his goddess companion (Charlize Theron). Berg confirmed that a sequel would elaborate on the film's mythology.

"There might be another god out there," Berg said in an exclusive interview last month in Pasadena, Calif. "Might be another one."

If two gods render each other mortal, imagine what kind of wrench a third would throw into the mix. Also, imagine the casting to match up with Will Smith and Charlize Theron! In the mythology of Hancock, all the gods supposedly died out except for our heroes, so a third deity would tweak the mythos.

Berg also confirmed that the subplot of Jason Bateman's publicist character should pick up where it left off in Hancock, where he's starting his charity campaign.

Of course, Columbia Pictures would love another Will Smith blockbuster for the earliest possible summer position. Smith and Berg, however, are in no rush. "They like to fast-track it, but Will's busy, I'm pretty busy," Berg continued. "We're excited to do one, but we want the script to be right and the movie to be right. We don't feel a burning imperative to go right back into it."

Source: SCI FI Wire

Creepy New Wolfman Images

It’s been awhile since we’ve seen anything from Universal’s very cool looking remake of The Wolfman. Below are some creepy new images from the movie which stars Benicio del Toro as the titular Wolfman. Tomorrow, Universal will unveil a brand new trailer for the film.

In the meantime, feast on these horrifying new images. To check out the entire Wolfman image gallery here.

Inspired by the classic Universal film that launched a legacy of horror, The Wolfman brings the myth of a cursed man back to its iconic origins. Oscar® winner Benicio Del Toro stars as Lawrence Talbot, a haunted nobleman lured back to his family estate after his brother vanishes. Reunited with his estranged father (Oscar® winner Anthony Hopkins), Talbot sets out to find his brother...and discovers a horrifying destiny for himself. Joe Johnston (Jurassic Park III) directs The Wolfman, and six-time Oscar®-winning special effects artist Rick Baker brings his design and makeup talents to transform Del Toro into the fearsome title character.