Reading Tab

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
Stephen King is my hero and On Writing is like a bible. I've been meaning to read through the book again this week -
Funny, Matt (Toose) just told me the other day, to read that book.
* The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon ~ Stephen King
One of my favorites. It would make a great short film.
* Red Dragon ~ Thomas Harris
Threw that one across the room a few times.

Whad'you know?
Originally posted by Jason

* K-PAX ~ Gene Brewer
how does that compare to the movie?

Originally posted by Gigolo Joe
how does that compare to the movie?
The story is basically the same, but like most books that become movies, it's better. The conversations between prot and Dr. Brewer (Dr. Howell in the movie) are longer and much more thorough. For example, in the book, prot talks about how nobody on K-PAX believes in God, and how violence does not exist there. I need to read On a Beam of Light, and then the third and final K-PAX book that's coming out later, which I believe will be called prot.

The Return of the King, by J. R. R. Tolkien (first time)
Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales, by Stephen King (first)

ive been reading bugger loads of books lately, but this is the main one that i enjoy:

The Entire Collection Of Sherlock Holmes Stories which is a bugger load of stories on Sherlock

I just finished Thief of Time, the new Discworld book, and I thoroughly, throroughly enjoyed it. Pratchett just keeps getting more and more sharp... It's amazing.

I've also been reading some Robert R. McCammon short stories, and getting thoroughly, thoroughly creeped out. Sure, some of the stories are standard cookie-cutter horror stuff, but they're all genuinely, viscerally disturbing.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I have just finished a pile of books...

Please Kill Me, By Legs McNeil
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone, by J.K. Rowling
Lobotomy, by the late, great Dee Dee Ramone
Rotten: No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs, by John Lydon
Stupid White Men, by Michael Moore

I can't just read one book at a time. I read way too much because I can't sleep. I also read piles of comix every month, and I highly recommend Preacher, by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon. Funny, sick,sick SICK stuff. Not for those who are easily offended or have no sense of humor.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I haven't read the John Lydon book, but my husband has, and he loved it. And this is Troy, who doesn't read. It's practically tattooed on his forehead: Me No Read.

Preacher is a comic I've been meaning to pick up more often, but now I'm out of the loop in terms of comics... haven't bought any in a long while. I like Warren Ellis--anyone here read any of his stuff? The man is f*cking brilliant, and funny as hell. I highly recommend him.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I haven't read Transmetropolitan just yet, but I liked his work on The Authority, which took all the usual superhero cliches and kicked their collective @ss around for about 12 or so issues. I loved the idea of a crew of superpowered facists saving the world whether the world wanted to be saved or not.

I'm making a push to really finish Negotiating With The Dead: A Writer on Writing. I've been busy.

Currently reading Stephen King's Bag of Bones. Love it already.

Also read through Sylvia Browne's "Journey of the Soul" books -- God, Creation, and Tools of Life, Soul's Perfection, and The Nature of Good and Evil. Been going through a spiritual period.

Also read some of Shrink Dreams: Tales From The Hidden Side of Psychiatry by Wayne A. Myers, M.D. It's about real life weirdo psychiatrists.

Morbida
well i have found most every book I ever wanted to read in mp3 format

I dont know if I will ever pick up a book again, the day I can sit back and code + listen to a good novel well then I have it made!

Originally posted by XetoxIc
I dont know if I will ever pick up a book again, the day I can sit back and code + listen to a good novel well then I have it made!
It ain't the same.

Morbida
may not be the same but it allows to do more than read....I like to sit back and work and listen to someone read to me

Bought three books today:

The Cold Six Thousand by James Elroy
The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
&
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell

Morbida
lets see I bought a cold fusion book and a php bible today