Nominate the worst Actor of all time

Tools    

I think we should be fair and nominate some male actors too.

Forest Whitaker, get a spine, stop being so sad all the time! Ugh!

Nicholas Cage is starting to go too. Sure he's cool, but somewhere along the way he started giving up acting for shouting.

Kevin Costner!

Paulie Shore

It's no contest!

Didn't see it.
I'd say that Carrot Top gives Paulie Shore a run for his money.

MovieForums Extra
Di Caprio all the way!!

My Top Five worst actors working are (In my Opinion):

Tom Hanks
Freddie Prinze Jnr
Keanu Reeves
Hugh Grant
Van Damme/Stallone

P.s I really like Forest Whittaker (Bird was brilliant & as you know Sunfrog I loved Jim Jaramusch's Ghost Dog, plus he has been in so many other great films)

Great topic though simple & fun..

MovieForums Extra
You're fairly critical of them Deckard...

I personally like Tom Hanks, I think he's a very talented and versatile actor (even then, he still doesn't deserve a "Worst Actor" title, there are far worse out there).

Keanu Reeves is so and so, he had some good ones, but some real stinkers as well.

As for Stallone and Van Damme, I like them when it comes to action movies (they don't really pretend they can do drama, but still, have you seen Stallone in First Blood or Rocky)?

Once more, Zeph sums it up for me .

"Nothing is over! Nothing! You can't just turn it off! This wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you!" etc. etc...

MovieForums Extra
Lol Ollie!

I like the quote, Rambo is my guess, the part at the end?!

Much The same as my worst actresses it just a personal opinion, that is my problem. My worst actors are the ones whose films would have been good, but the presence of a certain actor drags the whole film down & certainly stops me from being swept up in the piece & feeling any emotion for the films protagnist/antagonist.

I havent liked anything Tom Hanks has done since Bachelor Party(hes an alright comedian but a souless actor).

Keanu Reeves again Rivers Edge was good but since then My Own Private Idaho is the only film Ive been able to still like after Keanus presence (Bill & Ted & Point Break are the total limit of his range). In my eyes he ruined Devils Advocate,Much Ado About Nothing & The Matrix to name a few, movies I would have enjoyed if he wasnt their to drag the whole thing down.

Stallone does try to pass himself off as an actor (COPLAND for one)& its laughable.

As For Van Damme who I cant stand, I am a martial arts fan from way back & even as a kid I couldnt watch this try hard who couldnt fight his way out of a nunnery.

As usual a good topic & good discussion, might come back later & stir the pot some more (laughing menacingly)

Deckard, I disagree with some of your nominations as i think many others do also..

Tom Hanks.... well, no explenation needed, just look how many awards he's recieved, yeah, castaway wasn't terribly great, but look at Saving Private Ryan and Forrest Gump?

Keanu Reeves (sp?) I havn't seen much with him (he just came out/is coming out w/ a new movie right?) but the Matrix was absolutely amazing, maybe he didn't have a lot of acting and it was just a great job of special affects so i could be wrong on that.

Freddie Prinze Jr (sp? again) Well, he's just plain old cool man. (great explanation eh?)

Hugh Grant, yeah, i don't like his accent but i do think he is a decent actor.

Stallone, oh man, i love movies with him, i like his voice too. His acting is great personally, and i'll see any movie with him in it.

-Brian (i dunno if any of my reasons were valid, nor made sense, but hey, i tried, lol) whatever, i'm tired, i'm sick of school, the world is horrible, doh! i think i better go to bed

van damme. no contest...

Van Damme is pretty awful...

"Because of my big legs, and karate, I can do the splits... easily"

Go away!

And those compulsory buttock shots that he insists on in every film...

haha! speaking of Van Damme,
there is a list of martial artist,
(callthem actors, if you will!)
that can not act.

This list should also include:

Chuck Norris (as wooden as Stallone but love that Viking beard!),

Jackie Chan (for his Donald Trump-like ego which he only can play himself),

Dolf Lungren (who should have retired from acting after RockyIV!)

Now let's get the list really rolling!

LOL always about, ironically I like Jackie Chan but hey, he isnt much of an actor.(Still better than Tom Hanks though)

If we are going to pick on actors that never claimed to be academy material well:

Ryan Phillipe(Cologne Boy as I call him - honestly he should be on baywatch)

Casper Van Dien ( I like Starship Troopers but hey hes Beverly Hills 90210 through & through)

Steven Segal ( certainly belongs at the bottom of the acting barrel, he can fight but no way does he act)

All these are near the top of actors I can watch just because they are so bad, its downright funny.(You know that encouraging them in no way shape or form will convince others they are Good).

oh man!

How could I have forgotten the greatest sinner of acting, of them all!

I nominate: Quentin Tarantino!
(From Dust Till Dawn, Little Nicky)

The guy should've stuck with writing & directing!
Being not exactly a pretty sight and lacking any acting potential,

He makes me wanna blink everytime he features!

I can't believe how anyone would think Tom Hanks is even close to being the worst actor of all time. His roles are all over the place. It seems he's one of the few actors where you could actually show him improving from film to film. I feel he's one of the most diverse actors I've ever seen. He's played in comedies, dramas, goofy movies, kids movies, epics, love stories. The only thing he hasn't played is a serial killer and I'm sure that will be coming soon.

Volunteers
Man with One Red Shoe
Splash
Big
Joe vs Volcano
Turner and Hooch
Sleepless in Seattle
Philadelphia
Forrest Gump
Saving Private Ryan
The Green Mile
Cast Away

Jackie Chan (for his Donald Trump-like ego which he only can play himself
Grrr... Jackie Chan!? Them's fightin' words!
I love Jackie Chan!

MovieForums Extra
I agree, I also like Jackie Chan, not because he is a *great* actor per say, but rather because he is himself, funny and light hearted (and does good kung fu as well ). All of his movies are like that.