New York Stories

-Scorcese's was very good.

- Allen's was Allen, in a good way

- Ford Copolla's was terrible!

Ulysses' Gaze
A Beautiful Mind
Tender Mercies
Rebel Without a Cause
Last Tango in Paris (I just bought the dvd)

..over the past few days.

March 1, 2002,
The Matrix - I've seen this several times. Very good if not great action flick.
Miss Congeniality - Second viewing. Still sucks.

Jay and Silent Bob
K-PAX-----about as dumb as can be. What's going on with Kevin Spacey these days, anyway? Doesn't he read the scripts before he signs a contract?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Due to the snow I watched a couple of movies today. Well, more than a couple.

Evolution
Hackers
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
The Thing

Possibly the line that cheered me up the most was Kurt Russell's in The Thing, "Fu*k you too!"
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Snoozle
K-PAX-----about as dumb as can be. What's going on with Kevin Spacey these days, anyway? Doesn't he read the scripts before he signs a contract?
I dunno, maybe he dug the book, and signed on without reading the script (it does happen...Clooney agreed to star in O Brother, Where Art Thou? without reading the script first). As for what's going on with him: I believe he most recently starred in The Shipping News with Judi Dench, which, I've heard, is a very, very good movie.

rollerball
queen of the damned
40 days 40 nights
jay and silent bob silent bob strike back
count of monte cristo
dragonfly

I saw D.A.R.Y.L., The Night Shift and Planet of the Apes today. It is very interesting to see what passes for G, PG, PG-13, R and NC-17 today, and then watch Planet of the Apes, noticing that they could get away with showing Charlton Heston completely nude, including his little wee wee, in a G rated movie. And I thought they were more sctrict back then! Wow.

As for what's going on with him: I believe he most recently starred in The Shipping News with Judi Dench, which, I've heard, is a very, very good movie.
That's good news. I became a huge Kevin Spacy fan after The Ref and The Usual Suspects, but then along came Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil and Pay If Forward and I thought. Wow! maybe there just aren't enough good parts for really cutting sarcasm.

I hate to give up on a favorite.

Just saw Monster's Ball

Now With Moveable Parts
Snoozle, welcome. Use your edit feature instead of double posting...sort-of a forum, no-no.

I saw Hearts in Atlantis and a foreign film called The Closet. It was pretty cute. This guy pretends he's gay in order to keep his job and not get fired. Really some funny moments.

Use your edit feature instead of double posting
Explain, please. :

Right next to the "quote" button on each post is an "edit" button. Click on it and you can go back and edit your post...or even delete it, I believe, if need be. If you edit it after 5 minutes of its original posting, a little message will appear at the end to let everyone know that you've edited it. The 5 minutes is sort of a grace period for typos, vB Code mistakes, etc.

Now With Moveable Parts
Well, and please don't think I'm being a snob, I just want to tell you about all the wonderful features our admin., Chris, has set up for us to help make MoFo such a beautiful place... *ahem* anyhoo...
There's a gray bar right at the top of each of your posts. If you click on the button that says,"edit" you can go back into your post and add or delete anything you want. So, instead of posting one right after the other...you can just incorperate everything into one, neat, little post.

*I'm actually taking advantage of it right now because I see Chris has taken it apon himself to answer a question posed to me.

Great. Sounds good....

I get it. Two posts in a row...

So that's a no-no, eh?

Now With Moveable Parts
it's only mildly irritating, and only to some of us. I'm sure some members hardly even notice.