Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (2024)

Tools    

I'd be very careful making such daring statements. I don't think there ever was anybody who could have claimed that they watch 100% of all of the movies that get a wide release. There are too many of them. Yes, even wide-release ones. Unless, of course, you have your own very narrow definition of what a wide release is.
It is a completely factual statement, so I don't need to "be very careful". And my definition of a "wide release" is the same as the trade publications...

And I will go one step further and say I have also watched 80-90% of all movies that got a limited release in North America.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It is a completely factual statement, so I don't need to "be very careful". And my definition of a "wide release" is the same as the trade publications...

And I will go one step further and say I have also watched 80-90% of all movies that got a limited release in North America.
RYM/LBXD/IMDb/Mubi profile or didn't happen.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

RYM/LBXD/IMDb/Mubi profile or didn't happen.
Dude, get real... I became a film buff before the widespread use of the Internet

Dude, get real... I became a film buff before the widespread use of the Internet
So did many others. Didn't stop them from hopping onto the latest in technology.

Well, good for them if they found it useful.

To me it would just be a waste of time.

So you don't log the films you have seen in any way or form?
I tried that decades ago, it didn't help me in any way and was a big waste of time. When you've seen 100% of something, how does a list help?

I tried that decades ago, it didn't help me in any way and was a big waste of time. When you've seen 100% of something, how does a list help?
Did you write reviews then?

Did you write reviews then?
Dude, I may have written about a handful of films once upon a time but, for the most part, it's really not feasible to write about everything when you're watching 4-5 movies a week in theaters - plus as many as 10 more at home each week.

Dude, I may have written about a handful of films once upon a time but, for the most part, it's really not feasible to write about everything when you're watching 4-5 movies a week in theaters - plus as many as 10 more at home each week.
I know the pain. As a matter of fact, we're wasting our time posting here instead of watching films right now!

This was even worse than the previous films in the series. The only thing that separated it from the Asylum productions was the quality of the special effects (it still looked more like a video game cinematic than a movie).

Shin Godzilla was great. I still haven't seen Godzilla Minus One but it's said to be at least fine, too. This film has the American Godzilla, the one that gets his ass beaten in mere 10 seconds in Final Wars. A different monster, the Americanized version.
I have to admit that it felt like 1954 all over again.

At least it didn't feel like 1945.
Yeah....for sure. One thing I've noticed about horror/monster movies is that their scary entities are generally horrors that don't exist in the real world nor do they be the ones perpetrated by real humans, the scariest monster of them all.

For the record, I have not the slightest real world fear of giant, fire-breathing reptiles, which are movie-night fantasies.