The 2023 MoFo Film Awards

Tools    

I forgot that I wanted to combine the "nominations" post with the "reveal" post this year. Someone remind me next year so we don't have winners appearing on new pages without any context haha.

Biggest Disappointment

We all had different criteria for deciding which films we found the most disappointing, but when it came time to signal out one film, we finally came together.
There was one clear favourite... though "favourite" is definitely not the right word here!

And the winner is...

The Killer

Did I watch this film knowing it was likely going to be a disappointment? Yes.
Was I still disappointed? Yes, and apparently you guys were too!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	13 - disappointment.png
Views:	45
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	98796  

Biggest Surprise

After that, it's time for something much more positive!
We had a tie for first place, but in a pleasant surprise, these are the last films that will have to share their glory!

And the winners are...

I thought The Killer was great. I wasn't disappointed by it at all.
But you are disappointed that it was voted biggest disappointment maybe?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

This is true, so I guess it all balances out in the end and all is right in the universe.

Dream Scenario

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Third place goes to Barbie - a film that at this point should win an award for "most runner-up placements".

Attachments

Name:	12 - surprise 1.png
Views:	38
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	98797   Click image for larger version

Name:	12 - surprise 2.png
Views:	38
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	98798  

This is true, so I guess it all balances out in the end and all is right in the universe.
The MoFo Film Awards are getting too meta! We might have to change the name if this keeps up.

Best Animated Film

This was an incredibly close race between three films.
We very nearly ended up with a three-way tie here, but one just managed to squeeze ahead.

And the winner is...

Best Screenplay

With such an interesting array of options, I was quite curious to see how we'd vote in this category.
It was fairly close between two films, but we did get a clear favourite once again.

And the winner is...

The Holdovers

Those plagiarism allegations did not hold The Holdovers back from nearly running away with this award. Anatomy of a Fall chased after it, but couldn't quite catch up in the end.

Attachments

Name:	08 - best screenplay.png
Views:	35
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	98803