The film fans who refuse to surrender to streaming

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I refuse to surrender to streaming, too.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

With certain groups/individuals wanting/demanding that certain movie titles be removed from streaming services, the need to keep a physical copy or a personal digital file of such movies becomes increasingly important.

Which is one reason why I don't rely on streaming. I do have another reason that most couldn't guess.

Bad Internet sucks!

I don't think streaming is going to go away any time soon....too many advantages to it, especially to the movie distributors. What's also true too is that this is a good time to fill your basement shelves with DVD/BlueRay movies. They're cheaper than ever, available everywhere from places like Amazon as well as in discount stores, etc. If the distributors shut down disc production tomorrow, I still have enough movies on the shelf to last a long time.

I don't think streaming is going to go away any time soon....
The problem isn't streaming going away, it's that so many titles become unavailable much too often.

Try finding 28 Days Later anywhere these days

I stream movies frequently, but I try to buy copies of the ones that are most important to me. It's interesting too, by the way, to see some more mainstream elements of culture catch up to some of the problems that have faced various segments of underground music in recent years.

I'm always in favor for the big screen movies, because nothing compares with a movie seen at the cinema, or watching a non-streaming movie on one of your devices.
But on the other hand I cannot say streaming is not a good thing, which is why I'd like to have them both.
I like to have options on my table and have the possibility to choose from more sources. I can stay and watch movies forever, but every once in a while I feel the need of watching a new documentary about food, history or whatever, or a TV Show sometimes.
Plus that lately streaming services bring all sort of older films and TV Shows, which they buy from other companies - which is a good thing.
It's also true that you won't find everything on them, but they are a source of watching films.
Not to overlook the fact that you can watch movies for a month for the price of a cinema ticket, or 5 cinema tickets
I remember seeing Liam Neeson in an interview where he was asked - (because I think he appeared on the last episode from Obi-Wan, or maybe in 2 episodes, don't remember exactly) - that if he would accept a contract for his role playing Qui-Gon Jinn. To continue the Qui-Gon Jinn character but in a miniseries of some kind.
He kinda dodged the answer but he said eventually that he would accept as long if they are talking about a movie for "the big screen"
Streaming is not quite accepted by the great production companies or some actors, but for the common man it can be a jewel

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I wonder if this is the same for the music fans?

Spotify and YouTube
vs.
CDs and Vinyls

The problem isn't streaming going away, it's that so many titles become unavailable much too often.

Try finding 28 Days Later anywhere these days
Prime has it on dvd or one can stream it there.

Prime has it on dvd or one can stream it there.
Not in the US - the blu-ray is going for crazy prices

Streaming also not an option in the US

It's one that is known to be very hard to find on blu ray anywhere, it's going for silly prices here in the UK too.

I've got it on dvd, apparently the blu ray was rubbish anyway.

...Try finding 28 Days Later anywhere these days
Easy, it took me all of two minutes to find an HD stream of 28 Days Later and technically it's not even a pirate site as it's Russia's biggest social media site like YouTube and the copyright laws in Russia are more relaxed.

Easy, it took me all of two minutes to find an HD stream of 28 Days Later and technically it's not even a pirate site as it's Russia's biggest social media site like YouTube and the copyright laws in Russia are more relaxed.
You're smart enough to know I wasn't talking about the grey market. Sure, you can probably find all kinds of things in there if you don't mind doing things that aren't strictly legal

But try finding a legit copy of the movie on digital or physical media - you would have to pay a fortune!

You're smart enough to know I wasn't talking about the grey market. Sure, you can probably find all kinds of things in there if you don't mind doing things that aren't strictly legal

But try finding a legit copy of the movie on digital or physical media - you would have to pay a fortune!
Do you want the link? I still have it saved and can PM you if you want.

Do you want the link? I still have it saved and can PM you if you want.
I don't watch pirated movies, thanks