Guess the movie quote/line.

Tools    

3. (translated) "You're lucky to have such a fluid tongue that you believe your own twaddle."
3. I need a hint...

The movie was referenced in Last Action Hero.

Yup, that did it! It's gotta be The Seventh Seal.

That particular line felt a tad familiar to me, but I couldn't quite nail it. Since I knew that only extremely iconic foreign titles would have been referenced in Last Action Hero, that's what jogged my memory (see also Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey from '91). I actually only saw Last Action Hero once, back during its '93 theatriclal run. I don't remember that much of it, but I did love the soundtrack album!

And you totally nailed my line!

Unless I'm missing anybody else's quote...?

No?

Then I'll go next.

01. "It's a job. Comes an age in a man's life when he don't wanna spend time figuring what comes next."

02. "I defy you to do your worst. It can hardly be my worst. Mine has already and often happened to me."

03. "All right! The normal is the good smile in a child's eyes. It is also the dead stare in a million adults. It both sustains and kills, like a god. It is the ordinary made beautiful. It is also the average made lethal. Normal is the indispensable, murderous god of health. And I am his priest."

04. "Oh Lord, forgive me for harboring such unworthy thoughts. But sometimes I wish I could tear it all down!"

05. "They say that time is the fire in which we burn."

06. "You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!"

07. "One of those boys was so crazy he sawed his own head off going 90 miles per hour."

08. "I'm having ego problems. I need to be worshiped and adored!"

09. "Welcome to Sesame Street, kids. Today's word is 'expiation'!"

10. "Most people's lives, what are they but trails of debris - each day more debris, more debris... long, long trails of debris, with nothing to clean it all up but death."

Not me. It’s too hard.

06. Inglorious Basterds
One down... Nine to go!

01. "It's a job. Comes an age in a man's life when he don't wanna spend time figuring what comes next."

02. "I defy you to do your worst. It can hardly be my worst. Mine has already and often happened to me."

03. "All right! The normal is the good smile in a child's eyes. It is also the dead stare in a million adults. It both sustains and kills, like a god. It is the ordinary made beautiful. It is also the average made lethal. Normal is the indispensable, murderous god of health. And I am his priest."

04. "Oh Lord, forgive me for harboring such unworthy thoughts. But sometimes I wish I could tear it all down!"

05. "They say that time is the fire in which we burn."

07. "One of those boys was so crazy he sawed his own head off going 90 miles per hour."

10. "Most people's lives, what are they but trails of debris - each day more debris, more debris... long, long trails of debris, with nothing to clean it all up but death."

HINTSVILLE:

01. From a Western

02. From TV biopic of British LGBTQ icon

03. From a play by British playwright whose biggest hit was about a famous composer (but that's not what this one's from...)

04. From a '70s period drama

05. Quote from poet mentor of '70s rock star, co-opted for an entry in famous sci-fi franchise

07. From OTT horror sequel

08. From gritty New York serial-killer thriller

09. From a Stephen King adaptation

10. From an adaptation of a Tennessee Williams play

I haven't read the setup so I might be screwing the pooch here but #5 is from
WARNING: spoilers below
Star Trek: Generations

Come on, people. Let's go!

BTW, WHITBISSELL! correctly identified #5 as Star Trek Generations.

So that's two down... and eight to go!

HINTSVILLE:

01. From a Western

03. From a play by British playwright whose biggest hit was about a famous composer (but that's not what this one's from...)

07. From over-the-top '80s horror sequel

That sound great. I think these lines belongs to the following movies:
1 - Suspiria
2 - Dawn of the Dead
3 - Fight Club
4 - The Damned
5 - Tár
If you guys enable to watch the movies then you should try the vpn streaming channels to get these.

That sound great. I think these lines belongs to the following movies:
1 - Suspiria
2 - Dawn of the Dead
3 - Fight Club
4 - The Damned
5 - Tár
If you guys enable to watch the movies then you should try the vpn streaming channels to get these.
Why are you guessing my first batch of quotes?? I mean, those were correct, but somebody else already guessed them! Seriously, you're throwing the train off the track here...

Getting back on track, we now have three down... and seven to go.

HINTSVILLE:

01. From a Western

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra